GT 6/13 White Sox V Tigers 6:10 Chgo Time - Bastard Time

Just now, chw42 said:

He has a great 3 year track record. I'm sure that'll matter more to teams than a few bad starts after getting COVID. 

When a team is buying, it's a "what have you done for me lately" industry. 

Giolito's stuff has been down all season, even before he got covid. You don't think scouts notice? 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

When a team is buying, it's a "what have you done for me lately" industry. 

Giolito's stuff has been down all season, even before he got covid. You don't think scouts notice? 

I think he still brings back a haul. 

Just now, Capn12 said:

Honestly, didn't even think it was possible to get this many people injured in a season, AND have the ones that aren't hurt, suck so much ass.

It's truly remarkable

32 minutes ago, T R U said:

No it’s not, eat right and you’ll lose weight

He hired a personal chef and lost 40 pounds, from 280 to 240, in 2013 entering the second season in the rotation.

https://www.mlb.com/news/lindsay-berra-st-louis-cardinals-pitcher-lance-lynn-gains-plenty-from-weight-loss/c-63333280

"When the season ended last year, Lance had hit a high-water mark as far as weight," St. Louis general manager John Mozeliak said. "He was fatiguing. He just wanted to take a hard look at what's the right strategy to approach being a 200-inning pitcher, so he looked at his conditioning and his nutrition."

"I'm more flexible and I don't have the aches and pains I've had in the past and in last year's playoffs, especially in my knees, back and hips," he says. "If you don't have the aches and pains, you feel better when you pitch and it's a lot easier to go out there every day."

He was 26 and having weight issues, is nearing ten years older now and looks heavier today than in 2012. Not sure why Hahn felt the need to rush a contract midway through the season, though perhaps Tony was the driving force looking to take care of "his Cardinals guy".

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I hope you guys are right, but I don't think the Sox will sell anyone. They'll bring most of the band back next year and hope for the best. 

I think it’s way more likely Giolito gets traded rather than walks with a rejected QO