And That's a White Sox Winner !!!!

6 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

Missed the entire game because a storm knocked out power to the town most of the night . come here to see what happened and it's all about pizza, heh.

Soxtalk is like a box of chocolates.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, wegner said:

That St Louis cheese is absolutely vile.

You sound like a terrific pizza fan....what joints have your favorite Chicago thin crusts?  I'd love to hear your suggestions.

Unfortunately I can't recommend any off the top of my head, because I grew up in Kankakee and was either too young to remember the places we stopped for pizza or my parents would stop at famous places that specialized in deep dish (where I would usually get thin crust, because I didn't like deep dish until I was, like, 18). 

We did have a number of places in Kankakee that had good thin crust with - Sammy's and Johnny's - but you're not getting down there for pizza. If you're ever in NYC, Emmett's is one of those "opened by a Chicagoan" places that serves both kinds of pizza + Italian beef and their thin crust is A+.

For local recs, I'mma leave it to others in this thread while I continue to bad mouth the monstrosity that is St. Louis pizza, specifically Imo's.

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Unfortunately I can't recommend any off the top of my head, because I grew up in Kankakee and was either too young to remember the places we stopped for pizza or my parents would stop at famous places that specialized in deep dish (where I would usually get thin crust, because I didn't like deep dish until I was, like, 18). 

We did have a number of places in Kankakee that had good thin crust with - Sammy's and Johnny's - but you're not getting down there for pizza. If you're ever in NYC, Emmett's is one of those "opened by a Chicagoan" places that serves both kinds of pizza + Italian beef and their thin crust is A+.

For local recs, I'mma leave it to others in this thread while I continue to bad mouth the monstrosity that is St. Louis pizza, specifically Imo's.

I was actually discussing my St Louis pizza story with my son early last evening on our nightly neighborhood stroll and then you brought up that vile excuse for pizza here later LOL.

Emmett's sounds good.  Do they serve the Chicago triumvirate of Pizza, Beef, and Polish???

10 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Man a steamy night in Homewood about 14 years ago I was having the time of my life with a girl from there. We spent all day in the city at the Taste with our college friends and then drove down to her spot for the nightcap. Her dad was an administrator at Homewood-Floosmor and with school out her parents were out of town so us kids went wild. 

Don't ever let some silly college kid say 21 isn't fun. Yea it might not have the stability of middle age but it's fun.

Oh, and GO SOX. 

Finally --  somebody willing to stand up for your early 20s as a fun time of life 😎

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Quin said:

The toasted ravioli is decent there, though.  And some kind of cheese toast I remember...

Edited by caulfield12

Another great offensive display. That is 42 runs in last five games or 8.20 runs per game!

Abreu is starting to light it up as he usually does when it gets warmer. Since May 15, when he was batting .197, in the last 25 games he is batting .344 and raised his BA to .260.

Sousa and Crick still suck as does Ruiz who thankfully didn't pitch.

It's so pathetic we don't have any pitching down in Charlotte to bring up. If this franchise is ever going to be a WS contender, either Hahn or his replacement, will have to someday figure out how to scout, sign and develop pitchers like the other winning clubs do! 

Regardless of the win, TLR still sucks and needs to be fired. Even with 8.2 runs a game in the last five games we are only 2-3 - W-L!

2 hours ago, wegner said:

That St Louis cheese is absolutely vile.

You sound like a terrific pizza fan....what joints have your favorite Chicago thin crusts?  I'd love to hear your suggestions.

I'll go:  to add to the recs from Southsidehitmen, Vito & Nick's, Michael's, and the most underrated in the city in my opinion:  Bartoli's.

Edit:  Eater has a solid overview here: https://chicago.eater.com/maps/best-chicago-thin-crust-pizza-restaurants-tavern-style

Edited by 35thstreetswarm
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

The Tough Guy at Sammy's is an awesome pizza.

Sammy's is a great option down there and worth the drive actually. 

2 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Finally --  somebody willing to stand up for your early 20s as a fun time of life 😎

ha, i have some college kids as clients once and awhile. it just cracks me up when they say how "busy" they are. come on kids. you'll never have more free time in your adult life. I'd argue that these days once you get to college and the extra-curriculars are limited you probably have more free time then when you were in HS. That was true for me at least even playing low level baseball.

3 hours ago, White Sox Park said:

Missed the entire game because a storm knocked out power to the town most of the night . come here to see what happened and it's all about pizza, heh.

The game was worthy of a pizza party.

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

ha, i have some college kids as clients once and awhile. it just cracks me up when they say how "busy" they are. come on kids. you'll never have more free time in your adult life. I'd argue that these days once you get to college and the extra-curriculars are limited you probably have more free time then when you were in HS. That was true for me at least even playing low level baseball.

Absolutely.  I have a son in high school and he's legitimately busy--8 hours of in-class time followed by sports and then homework.  College is a breeze compared to that.  Hell, I had more time in law school than that (and certainly more than I do now).