6/14 Games

BamaDoc

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/stats/affiliates?teamId=145&date=06/14/2022

https://www.milb.com/scores/chicago-white-sox/2022-06-14

Need good Dylan today!  Do we get a surprise call up?    Looked at 40 man.  Yeeesh.  We have Parker Markel on the Charlotte roster.  Missed that one.  31 yo RH reliever.  Hell who knows!

• Like 2

• bmags pinned this topic
1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

I wish I loved anything as much as @bmags loves the DSL.

I know, it's a beautiful star I orbit around.

It's insane. BUt it's similar to people that love sudoku. I get this box score, I look, there will be like 25 runs scored. You'll say to yourself "wow must have been some big performances" but then basically every hitter just has a single. But there will be like 30 errors you can't see. Then you'll look at the hitters and they all struck out like 15 times, but the opposing pitchers will all have horrendous numbers barely striking out anyone. I just want to be the scorekeeper at the games. It has to be just stupefying and hilarious and beautiful watching this baseball-like game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

It's insane. BUt it's similar to people that love sudoku. I get this box score, I look, there will be like 25 runs scored. You'll say to yourself "wow must have been some big performances" but then basically every hitter just has a single. But there will be like 30 errors you can't see. Then you'll look at the hitters and they all struck out like 15 times, but the opposing pitchers will all have horrendous numbers barely striking out anyone. I just want to be the scorekeeper at the games. It has to be just stupefying and hilarious and beautiful watching this baseball-like game.

Something close to this: 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, bmags said:

These kids are the ages of American High School baseball players.  Having seen plenty of HS baseball, I get it.

2 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

Timmy is supposed to start rehab assignment today.  

Should be an inteersting lineup down there tonight with TA, Eloy and Sheets.  Hopefully Perez is back in action too so we can swap him out for Zavala soon.  

44 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

These kids are the ages of American High School baseball players.  Having seen plenty of HS baseball, I get it.

Really? I feel like HS baseball is different. Starting pitchers go 5 IP+, middle of the order bats end up with 5-6 HRs. It's baseball-like. I always enjoyed HS baseball around here.

32 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Should be an inteersting lineup down there tonight with TA, Eloy and Sheets.  Hopefully Perez is back in action too so we can swap him out for Zavala soon.  

Maybe TA brings back a positive scouting report.

• bmags unpinned this topic