Sign in to follow this  
BamaDoc

6/14 Games

Thompson done in the middle of the 6th. Gave up 2 hard hit doubles, a ground out, and a soft single.

Responsible for the runner on 1st.

Posted (edited)

Thompson's final line 5.1 IP 8 H 3 ER 0 BB 9 SO.

79 pitches. 63 for strikes. I am pleased with this development. He looked great.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 3

26 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

79 pitches. 63 for strikes. I am pleased with this development. He looked great.

Wow. Him figuring it out would be a huge boost to the farm.

Posted (edited)

Neslony 5 for 6 with a homer and a double. His numbers vs. RHP are really impressive:

In 143 At Bats 15 doubles, 3 triples and 10 homers. AVG .400  OBP .469  SLG .755  OPS .1,224 

The guy is 28, but he can really hit, especially vs RHP. I've been wondering when he will get promoted to AAA, but with Payton and Haseley hitting, also from the left side and Adolfo, I guess they don't have room in the Knights' outfield. Why not just promote him to the Sox and stick him in RF?

Edited by Lillian

2 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Thompson, Dalquist, and Kelley have all been performing well over the last month or so. I had nearly written all of them off after their respective terrible starts to the year. Really positive developments for all three. 

Great Jose Rodriguez night.

Why does Quezada only play like once a week?

12 hours ago, DirtySox said:

That low A block of pitchers is going to be so huge to keeping this train rolling longer term.  If we get 1 to 2 starters out of them, it allows the flow to keep going even if guys leave.

11 hours ago, Lillian said:

Neslony 5 for 6 with a homer and a double. His numbers vs. RHP are really impressive:

In 143 At Bats 15 doubles, 3 triples and 10 homers. AVG .400  OBP .469  SLG .755  OPS .1,224 

The guy is 28, but he can really hit, especially vs RHP. I've been wondering when he will get promoted to AAA, but with Payton and Haseley hitting, also from the left side and Adolfo, I guess they don't have room in the Knights' outfield. Why not just promote him to the Sox and stick him in RF?

Haseley will get a call first of anyone you listed, because he can play center and is on the 40 man.

32 minutes ago, Quin said:

Haseley will get a call first of anyone you listed, because he can play center and is on the 40 man.

I agree that Haseley is probably first in line, because he is already on the 40 man roster. I'd love to see Neslony at least get some playing time at Charlotte, not that it's any harder to hit there, than it is in Birmingham. 

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

That low A block of pitchers is going to be so huge to keeping this train rolling longer term.  If we get 1 to 2 starters out of them, it allows the flow to keep going even if guys leave.

It's a win even if they're regarded highly enough to be used in trades honestly 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

It's a win even if they're regarded highly enough to be used in trades honestly 

To me that is kind of the same thing, but yeah, it is probably worth making the distinction,