GT 6/14 White Sox (28-31) V Tigers (24-36) 6:10 Chgo

Well my first game thread went well as Lance Lynn did what we have all wanted done all season......maybe Dallas wasn't all that wrong after all, he just wasn't bastard enough to do something about it to this coaching staff and their defensive positioning. 

Hopefully we have more than one MLB caliber reliever available today and if given the opportunity, use an MLB bat at DH as opposed to the back up catcher from Charlotte and the fuse may remain lit.

Below is what ESPN has to say.  I included injuries as I think we forget about the likes of Garret Crochet and we shouldn't

Chicago White Sox (28-31, third in the AL Central) vs. Detroit Tigers (24-36, fourth in the AL Central)

Detroit; Tuesday, 7:10 p.m. EDT

PITCHING PROBABLES: White Sox: Dylan Cease (4-3, 3.14 ERA, 1.33 WHIP, 89 strikeouts); Tigers: Drew Hutchison (0-3, 4.60 ERA, 1.53 WHIP, 15 strikeouts)

LINE: White Sox -182, Tigers +163; over/under is 8 runs

BOTTOM LINE: The Chicago White Sox will try to keep a three-game road win streak alive when they play the Detroit Tigers.

Detroit has a 15-18 record at home and a 24-36 record overall. The Tigers have gone 13-7 in games when they did not give up a home run.

Chicago has a 15-14 record in road games and a 28-31 record overall. The White Sox have the 10th-ranked team on-base percentage in the AL at .301.

Tuesday's game is the fifth meeting between these teams this season. The White Sox have a 3-1 advantage in the season series.

TOP PERFORMERS: Harold Castro has seven doubles, a triple, four home runs and 16 RBI for the Tigers. Willi Castro is 6-for-30 with three doubles, a home run and two RBI over the past 10 games.

Jose Abreu has 12 doubles and nine home runs for the White Sox. Jake Burger is 13-for-35 with four doubles and four home runs over the last 10 games.

LAST 10 GAMES: Tigers: 4-6, .202 batting average, 5.11 ERA, outscored by 29 runs

White Sox: 5-5, .283 batting average, 3.97 ERA, outscored opponents by three runs

INJURIES: Tigers: Daz Cameron: 10-Day IL (covid-19), Jeimer Candelario: 10-Day IL (shoulder), Casey Mize: 60-Day IL (elbow), Michael Pineda: 15-Day IL (finger), Kyle Funkhouser: 60-Day IL (shoulder), Matt Manning: 10-Day IL (shoulder), Spencer Turnbull: 60-Day IL (elbow), Jake Rogers: 60-Day IL (elbow), Jose Cisnero: 60-Day IL (shoulder)

White Sox: Jake Burger: day-to-day (hand), Liam Hendriks: day-to-day (arm), Yasmani Grandal: 10-Day IL (back), Michael Kopech: day-to-day (knee), Aaron Bummer: 15-Day IL (lat), Vince Velasquez: 15-Day IL (groin), Tim Anderson: 10-Day IL (groin), Joe Kelly: 15-Day IL (hamstring), Garrett Crochet: 60-Day IL (elbow), Eloy Jimenez: 10-Day IL (hamstring), Jonathan Stiever: 60-Day IL (lat)

------

• Like 1

• bmags pinned this topic

In 10 starts against the Tigers, Cease has 9 wins. That's impressive as it not only takes a strong effort from Cease, but also bats early to put him in line for a win and then bullpen to hold. Let's keep the line movin' and kick the Tigers when down!

• Like 1

The TLR-thrown games have masked what may be a real awakening by the offense.  We really should have won series against the Dodgers and Rangers, which coming out of the Rays series win would have had us all feeling pretty good.  Hoping the bats stay hot and the pitching comes back around.  It's high time we get on a little bit of a roll.

42 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

The TLR-thrown games have masked what may be a real awakening by the offense.  We really should have won series against the Dodgers and Rangers, which coming out of the Rays series win would have had us all feeling pretty good.  Hoping the bats stay hot and the pitching comes back around.  It's high time we get on a little bit of a roll.

agreed. offense, especially pollock in the leadoff is really working. Honestly when TA comes back, i wonder if Pollock lands in the 2 hole for a while. 

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

agreed. offense, especially pollock in the leadoff is really working. Honestly when TA comes back, i wonder if Pollock lands in the 2 hole for a while. 

Pollock should lead off every day for the rest of the season and DH to keep him healthy.  I get moving Anderson back into that spot but I personally like Anderson at #2. 

How Leury Garcia ever batted leadoff ahead of Pollock even when Pollock was slumping is the most egregious of the many stupid decisions by this coaching staff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Makes sense. They use different relievers based on if they are winning or down by 2 or more it seems.

Edit: having checked this, Foster has been worse at home. But nothing I side earlier changes.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 2

Is today the day Sousa finally goes?  Sounds like Kelly is gonna get activated for tonight, so someone has to go.  Imagine its either him or Banks since they were both used yesterday.  Would be odd to go with Lambert, Crick or a Ruiz DFA since they could have done that yesterday to get a fresh arm up and they didn't pitch yesterday.

Typing that our just reinforces how sad this pen is right now when we have 5 guys that shouldn't even on the roster.  2 of them should be gone within next 18 hours as someone has to go for VV as well.  

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Fathom was feeling optimistically after they put him on the 15 day IL. Not sure if you noticed that.

It was a sequence of comments, so, yes.

Look man, I'm trying not to death spiral here.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

At least he didn't hit the IL today.

14 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Looks like Davis is up to pitch strictly in relief for however long he's up . Anyone agree with this ?

Did someone report this or are you just speculating? 

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic