Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bmags

Hendriks now to IL with Right Forearm Strain

Recommended Posts

GOOD GOD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we’ve had Hendriks, Bummer, Kopech and Burger all get injured in the last week.  It never ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But why isn't LaRussa using him every relief inning of every game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, fathom said:

So we’ve had Hendriks, Bummer, Kopech and Burger all get injured in the last week.  It never ends.

and Grandal

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please don't let this turn into tommy john.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

But why isn't LaRussa using him every relief inning of every game?

well he did get hurt needlessly pitching in the 9th on Friday with a 5 run lead. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

well he did get hurt needlessly pitching in the 9th on Friday with a 5 run lead. 

You realize he was 100% warmed up, right? With already a bullpen running on fumes there was no point to burn another arm in that situation. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Please don't let this turn into tommy john.  

My fear as well.

What a dumpster fire this season has turned into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, bmags said:

GOOD GOD

 

Uh oh. The dreaded forearm strain. Has he had a UCL reconstruction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing he used the Infinity Gauntlet.

I use humor to mask the pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

You realize he was 100% warmed up, right? With already a bullpen running on fumes there was no point to burn another arm in that situation. 

You do realize that Sousa was also warming up, right?  

Instead he went with Hendriks with 5 run lead to save Sousa for a high leverage spot on Saturday, which he failed, and the Sox lost.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liam for Joe Kelly and David Martin. Sounds like a trade we think other teams would take. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tony said "he's a day closer for sure" yesterday

Get with it, asswipe

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

well he did get hurt needlessly pitching in the 9th on Friday with a 5 run lead. 

Yes, I didn't understand using him, but the more you think about it, whether he pitched that game or not, I'm thinking this injury was coming anyway. He always warmed up with a sleeve on his elbow,  then took it off. So something has been up for a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soxfan49 said:

Tony said "he's a day closer for sure" yesterday

Get with it, asswipe

It's not a lie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dick Allen said:

Yes, I didn't understand using him, but the more you think about it, whether he pitched that game or not, I'm thinking this injury was coming anyway. He always warmed up with a sleeve on his elbow,  then took it off. So something has been up for a while. 

Yeah, the comment was tongue in cheek.  He didn't get hurt cuz he pitched Fri.  Doesn't make the bullpen manage decisions on Fri/Sat any better, tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dick Allen said:

It's not a lie.

Literally? No it isn't, but he said it with an optimistic tone and we all know he meant "he should be ready to pitch over the next few days"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Literally? No it isn't, but he said it with an optimistic tone and we all know he meant "he should be ready to pitch over the next few days"

Hopefully just one of those deals where he wouldn't be ready until the weekend so they're giving him extra time and getting a fresh arm up.  Unfortunately, he's now out until the the 26th best case scenerio.

Just praying this isn't a long term issue. 

Edited by ChiSox59

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

You do realize that Sousa was also warming up, right?  

Instead he went with Hendriks with 5 run lead to save Sousa for a high leverage spot on Saturday, which he failed, and the Sox lost.  

You know they wouldn't have used Hendricks in the situation where Souza failed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just gotta hope it's not a UCL problem. We're still on the hook for 2 more years of his contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

You know they wouldn't have used Hendricks in the situation where Souza failed.

Yes, cause Hendricks pitches for the Cubs.  

But, yeah.  Again, still doesn't make the decision making any less idiotic.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't believe Hendriks has had TJS before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yes, cause Hendricks pitches for the Cubs.  

But, yeah.  Again, still doesn't make the decision making any less idiotic.  

Mr. Semantics.

That's what you do when the most important piece of the pen is ready. Otherwise they may have burned him for the next day depending on his previous load.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad he pitched that meaningless inning on Friday.  We now get to keep living this bullpen disaster indefinitely.  Hooray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×