G/T 6/15 White Sox (29-31) v Tigers (24-37) 12:30 Chgo time - Gonna be a hot one

After a nice Flag Day victory the boys go for the sweep.

While the starters did nothing to help the bullpen the last two days, and there is a pretty good chance a short outing will happen again today, the bullpen has held their own this series as opposed to what  the Texas Rangers did to them.  A win today gets the White Sox that much closer to .500.  

Below is ESPN's take......oddly the Detroit Free Press has a preview but Chicago media does not....

Odds are, it will be a close game

Don't confuse Alex Faedo with Erick Fedde if you plan on wagering on today's game. 

PITCHING PROBABLES: White Sox: Vince Velasquez (0-0); Tigers: Alex Faedo (1-2, 2.92 ERA, 1.24 WHIP, 28 strikeouts)

LINE: White Sox -115, Tigers -105; over/under is 9 1/2 runs

BOTTOM LINE: The Chicago White Sox play the Detroit Tigers after Andrew Vaughn's four-hit game on Tuesday.

Detroit has a 24-37 record overall and a 15-19 record in home games. Tigers pitchers have a collective 3.78 ERA, which ranks seventh in the AL.

Chicago has gone 16-14 in road games and 29-31 overall. The White Sox have a 9-25 record in games when they have allowed at least one home run.

The teams meet Wednesday for the sixth time this season. The White Sox lead the season series 4-1.

TOP PERFORMERS: Jonathan Schoop has 10 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 18 RBI while hitting .189 for the Tigers. Harold Castro is 11-for-38 with two doubles over the past 10 games.

Luis Robert ranks third on the White Sox with a .284 batting average, and has five doubles, six home runs, eight walks and 24 RBI. Vaughn is 14-for-37 with seven RBI over the past 10 games.

LAST 10 GAMES: Tigers: 3-7, .209 batting average, 5.42 ERA, outscored by 34 runs

White Sox: 6-4, .286 batting average, 3.35 ERA, outscored opponents by 10 runs

• Like 1

• Quin pinned this topic
57 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Let’s hope VV gives you 5 solid and the bats continue to produce.  A sweep heading to Houston would be nice, but I don’t have a good feeling about VV + a getaway day lineup.  Hope I’m wrong. 

I am thinking 3 from VV and 3-4 from Martin is the plan.  I would be pretty shocked, but delighted, to see VV go 4-5.  

Also, with our current offensive options, everyday is sort of a getaway lineup.  I suppose we may get Zavala and Harrison instead of McGuire and Leury, but the dropoff there isn't too bad.  

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

When we look back at our 2022 World Series Championship, we will all remember the Great Harry Chappas Gamethread Victory Streak  that was reluctantly started in the middle of June.

Edited by wegner
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I am thinking 3 from VV and 3-4 from Martin is the plan.  I would be pretty shocked, but delighted, to see VV go 4-5.  

Also, with our current offensive options, everyday is sort of a getaway lineup.  I suppose we may get Zavala and Harrison instead of McGuire and Leury, but the dropoff there isn't too bad.  

And that is precisely the lineup we get. 

Pollock LF, Vaughn 1B, Robert CF, Abreu DH, Moncada 3B, Engel, RF, Harrison 2B, Zavala C, Mendick SS

Edited by ChiSox59

Feeling positive vibes. Few predictions today.

Velasquez turns in a quality outing. 

Moncada (yes, Moncada) homers.

Vaughn homers.

Abreu has multiple hits/RBI's.

White Sox sweep.

Edited by Richie
  • Like 1
  • Fire 3