And that’s, FINALLY, a white sox blowout winner!!!

bmags

5 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

And how about Danny M. and that .812 OPS!

Surprised his BABIP is only .333.

Still "lucky," but not nearly as much as I thought.

Please please please play him every day at 2B. GG caliber defense there, and imagine how much "energy" you've got coming off the bench.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

These last 7 days have been amazing for an offense that seemed dead in the water not that long ago . now, instead of dreading the Houston & Toronto series, i'm looking forward to it . we'll see how things play out i guess, but confidence is high.

yeah these texas series losses drag on me because on friday it really felt like things were coming around, and when we were up 5-0 saturday I thought they were back. Offensively it's so much better with Abreu/Vaughn and Burger dragging the team most nights. If bullpen can prevent collapses we'll see whta happens.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Somewhat normal lineups the last week or so.

I'd still stick with Pollock leading off and Anderson second, Robert can bat 5th with Moncada 6th, Berger 7th, Mendick 8th and catcher 9th

Yes, I was fully expecting The Cooler to rest all regulars and get us a nice momentum-killing loss today.  Holding my breath for him to bench Moncada for failing to stand during one of the "Salute our Heroes" segments or something, but who knows -- maybe we'll be allowed a real, unfuckedwith winning streak this time!

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

That might be the greatest nothing insult ever. 

Go pack a fucking lunch.

What?

Just talked to my wife about this and she thinks Lynn was telling Joe to go be Mommy somewhere else.

• Haha 1

Leury obviously will need to start and be high in the lineup next game. After today’s late 0-2 he will need the AB’s to get back on track. 

And Yoan will have to sit after this abomination. Five hits was just rubbing it in by the end. Can’t have that.

Edited by SpringfieldFan

7 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Seriously though, you could see how relieved Yoan was after the HR, to insinuate that he doesn’t give a shit is pretty silly.

I've always felt that way after seeing 1) improved defense at 3B and 2) how much he played through long COVID in 2020.  He's definitely frustrating to watch at the plate at times and I don't know how much his overpartying is reputation vs reality but I think he does care about playing well.

Ah, winning again. Sweep of Detroit. So many good at bats. Jose and Moncada. Abreu suddenly is hitting .270 and Moncada gets five hits and leaps to .180. Sox still are banged up but one under .500 has them in the race. I won't rub it in but Tony seems to have weathered the storm of the intentional walk game. If the players hated Tony we'd know by now. They seem to like him so let's see what happens. As much as we fans despise the Sox when they suck, we all want them to win and look good and give them credit when they win.

p.s. Mendick is faring pretty well lately.

Edited by greg775