Injuries

2Deep

GM... 

Nice to have a 3 game winning streak. Can we start a thread to update when some of the guys are eligible to come back from IL

TA - hopefully Monday

ELOY- ???

YAZ- ???

BUMMER- ???

HENDRIKS- ???

CRICK- ???

BURGER- Hopefully no IL and plays Friday

Who am I missing?

Edited by 2Deep

Seriously need an internal investigation into whatever they are doing in pre-season strength and conditioning, and in game warm ups etc because the number of hamstring problems and other muscle injuries to position players is getting ridiculous. I know that injuries are expected over a 162 game season but we are not even at halfway and virtually every position player has spent time on the IL, it is hardly surprising that so few of them have any offensive rhythm.

Not only that the hamstring injuries have not exactly come when players are using explosive speed which is when they are most common, Grandal was jogging to first and Eloy was hardly sprinting. 

This number of injuries suggests more than a 'bit of bad luck' and smells more of lack of conditioning and preparation.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 8:55 PM, 2Deep said:

GM... 

Nice to have a 3 game winning streak. Can we start a thread to update when some of the guys are eligible to come back from IL

TA - hopefully Monday

ELOY- ???

YAZ- ???

BUMMER- ???

HENDRIKS- ???

CRICK- ???

BURGER- Hopefully no IL and plays Friday

Who am I missing?

Moncada hamstring again.

13 minutes ago, Highland said:

We keep hearing that everything will be great when the team gets healthy. Problem is the team is never healthy. It can't be said that this team is the favorite to win the AL Central.

Yep. And as another poster above said, even if by some miracle they do finally get healthy, there’s no real evidence that they’re actually a great team.

4 hours ago, Highland said:

We keep hearing that everything will be great when the team gets healthy. Problem is the team is never healthy. It can't be said that this team is the favorite to win the AL Central.

Turns out the window was more like a chimney chute. 

28 minutes ago, pcq said:

Turns out the window was more like a chimney chute. 

Most MLB teams have about 12 players on day to 60 day injured.  Several teams have 9-10 and several, like Twins and Tigers, have about 20.  Twins with 20 on injured still leave the Central and Tigers with 20 are left in Central. 

48 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Wow, that follow up comment by Stoney sure seems to imply a lot about Eloy and his work ethic, and none of it complementary.

I don't know anything about Eloy's work ethic, but I just don't feel good about his situation right now. I am aware the Sox can be closed-mouthed about injuries, but we don't hear much of his progress. He looked to have a future as being a special offensive player. Who knows what his future is now?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

Wow, that follow up comment by Stoney sure seems to imply a lot about Eloy and his work ethic, and none of it complementary.

3 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

Isn’t Stoney, if you read between the lines, saying unload Eloy. That’s what I get from, “The key is knowing who’s who.”

Eh, I don’t really get that from this. I think he was giving a very general response to a very general question. I suppose he could be dropping hints, but I think Stone’s subtleties are a little less subtle than this.