6/17 G/T White Sox v Houston 7:10 Chgo Time lift off

3 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I actually don't mind the presentation but I hope the announcing has gotten better. Former Sox prospect great Chris Young on the call

I enjoyed the very first Apple TV broadcast but it’s been pretty cringe in the few games I’ve watched since. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I enjoyed the very first Apple TV broadcast but it’s been pretty cringe in the few games I’ve watched since. 

I think very highly of Stephen Nelson and the couple of games I watched with him he was good (could use others in the booth) but of course he's in LA

1 hour ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Well, maybe we should also question the Dodgers and their evaluations because they also took Kimbrel off our hands (who flat out sucks). 

The only difference is the Dodgers have the capital not only with $$$ but with their farm system to be able to absorb dumb decisions. 

Who's ahead now

Cubs with madrigal 

Dodgers with Kimbrel

Sox with pollock

Long term it comes down to crochet as the Sox clearly have best 2022 player

15 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I actually don't mind the presentation but I hope the announcing has gotten better. Former Sox prospect “great” Chris Young on the call

Oh for the days of Jeremy Reed, Anthony Webster, Michael Morse, Borchard and CY.  Every generation of Sox prospects, a set of outfielders that fail to make an impact in Chicago.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gogosox1959 said:

Who's ahead now

Cubs with madrigal 

Dodgers with Kimbrel

Sox with pollock

Long term it comes down to crochet as the Sox clearly have best 2022 player

Dodgers needed a closer with Jansen to ATL.  Kimbrel has been fine, overall.  Overpaid, obviously.  Pollock has been struggling just to get back to 0.0 fWAR after the horrific start.   Also depends on what happens for Sox in LF, 2023 version.

Kimbrel 0.5, Pollock -0.1.

Edited by caulfield12

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Dodgers needed a closer with Jansen to ATL.  Kimbrel has been fine, overall.  Overpaid, obviously.  Pollock has been struggling just to get back to 0.0 fWAR after the horrific start.   Also depends on what happens for Sox in LF, 2023 version.

Kimbrel 0.5, Pollock -0.1.

I'd rather have Pollock than Kimbrel on this team right now, so I guess that's how I'm looking at it

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

kimbrel sucks hahn did well to pawn him off on the Dodgers.

If Pollock gets to a 2.5 fWAR, it’s a huge victory…of course, the problem is being stuck with a year older Pollock next year.

Plus he was more of a part-time player in LA like Pederson, so the question is how he stands up to everyday play on Jimenez never makes it back.

We should know pretty early if Giolito is going to make it through this lineup or not…trending in a not altogether positive direction.

Altuve looking first pitch FB and just got under it.

Brantley now 8/16 career against Lucas.

Edited by caulfield12