6/17 G/T White Sox v Houston 7:10 Chgo Time lift off

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

They fans came out last year. The fans committed to 2022 season tickets. Jerry gave Hahn a high payroll ($195M - 7th) as a result. Hard to be upset with Jerry's financial commitment. 

The problem is Jerry endless commitment to management and BFFs. He will never get rid of Hahn/Tony. A new owner, be it Jerry's sons or an outside group, can do well with the Sox if they bring in competent outside people to operate and mange the day to day affairs of the team.

While that is a problem, I think Grandal's contract being the largest in team history is a bigger issue. 

I don't doubt they spend money, but they do so stupidly and inefficiently. See Eaton, Adam(2021) and Harrison, Josh(2022) just to name a few. They like to light money on fire. 

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Not to mention the Rendon contract as well…

What about Justin Upton? Zack Cozart? Josh Hamilton? Vernon Wells?

Their owner interferes in baseball operations as well, tries to make splashes in the offseason, kept fossil gut decision making Scioscia around forever.

Glad the Anaheim Mayor and the literal "unelected evil cabal" is undergoing an FBI investigation for trying to hand Moreno a land worth a half billion in a quid pro quo deal for campaign contributions.

https://www.fieldofschemes.com/2022/05/24/18861/anaheim-mayor-quits-amid-fbi-cabal-probe-angels-stadium-deal-dead-for-now/

16 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

While that is a problem, I think Grandal's contract being the largest in team history is a bigger issue. 

I don't doubt they spend money, but they do so stupidly and inefficiently. See Eaton, Adam(2021) and Harrison, Josh(2022) just to name a few. They like to light money on fire. 

Pirates and A's the only ones with a lower "biggest contract awarded" in the majors.

Even Wander Franco, Jose Ramirez and KeBryan Hayes are getting paid.

• Like 1

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

What about Justin Upton? Zack Cozart? Josh Hamilton? Vernon Wells?

Their owner interferes in baseball operations as well, tries to make splashes in the offseason, kept fossil gut decision making Scioscia around forever.

Glad the Anaheim Mayor and the literal "unelected evil cabal" is undergoing an FBI investigation for trying to hand Moreno a land worth a half billion in a quid pro quo deal for campaign contributions.

https://www.fieldofschemes.com/2022/05/24/18861/anaheim-mayor-quits-amid-fbi-cabal-probe-angels-stadium-deal-dead-for-now/

The Angels and Mariners are the West Coast White Sox in terms of results on the field.  Obviously you have two of the biggest superstars in the sport in Anaheim but very little to actually show for it.  Great fans, too.

The irony is the team never spent massive amounts of money until after a WS title in 2002 (when I'm pretty sure they were still Disney-owned.)

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Pirates and A's the only ones with a lower "biggest contract awarded" in the majors.

Even Wander Franco, Jose Ramirez and KeBryan Hayes are getting paid.

Well, those three are "getting paid" at far below market values.  And the only reason those teams went that far is the new CBA now requires teams to prove they have spent at least 50% of revenue sharing on payroll, and they are also getting another huge unearned windfall beyond MLB, Big Market and Local/State Govt welfare payments with the new national TV deals. 

28 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Well, those three are "getting paid" at far below market values.  And the only reason those teams went that far is the new CBA now requires teams to prove they have spent at least 50% of revenue sharing on payroll, and they are also getting another huge unearned windfall beyond MLB, Big Market and Local/State Govt welfare payments with the new national TV deals. 

That’s not even counting the new money Apple is investing into live sports, like MLB and MLS.

I was just reading about Moncada pulling up and hurting his hammy. Sounds as bad as all the other hammies. Two weeks minimum?? Didn't Burger also have tightness? So both those guys are hurt.

I won't jinx a certain player who is "due" to get hurt about now by mentioning his name. 

Sox have too many injuries. This is an emergency and Jerry needs to spend a lot of money on beefing up the medical staff/training staff. This is absurd. These guys' bodies are so susceptible to injury. Except for Burger it seems all the "studs" so to speak are getting hurt, the ones with well sculpted bodies.

Call Bo Jackson up and ask him for pointers on how to not pull hammies or Jermaine Dye or Pudge Fisk. he was a big guy.

After a good series against Detroit this was a real downer, and yet another hamstring injury, somebody really needs to look at how players are warming up and the strength and conditioning preparation in Spring Training because this many muscle problems is not 'normal' wear and tear.

11 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

Yes sir I have been watching and I prefer to be positive 

Yeah how’s that working out? I stand by my statement….this team is toast.

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

I was just reading about Moncada pulling up and hurting his hammy. Sounds as bad as all the other hammies. Two weeks minimum?? Didn't Burger also have tightness? So both those guys are hurt.

I won't jinx a certain player who is "due" to get hurt about now by mentioning his name. 

Sox have too many injuries. This is an emergency and Jerry needs to spend a lot of money on beefing up the medical staff/training staff. This is absurd. These guys' bodies are so susceptible to injury. Except for Burger it seems all the "studs" so to speak are getting hurt, the ones with well sculpted bodies.

Call Bo Jackson up and ask him for pointers on how to not pull hammies or Jermaine Dye or Pudge Fisk. he was a big guy.

Yeah Burger and Jackson never get/got injured…

41 minutes ago, MEANS said:

Yeah how’s that working out? I stand by my statement….this team is toast.

You mean that Detroit sweep didn't sway your opinion?!

A lot of people here keep expecting them to turn it around and it only got worse when they swept the dogshit Tigers. This team isn't even close to being as good as Houston or NYY. They probably aren't as good as Cleveland or Minnesota either. They're what, 1 over .500 since last year's ASB? They stink

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

A lot of people here keep expecting them to turn it around and it only got worse when they swept the dogshit Tigers. This team isn't even close to being as good as Houston or NYY. They probably aren't as good as Cleveland or Minnesota either. They're what, 1 over .500 since last year's ASB? They stink

54-35 at ASB 2021

39-34 to finish season

1-3 in playoffs

30-32 in 2022

70-69 total since ASB (139 games)

67-46 Aug 12

26-23

1-3

30-32

57-58 last 115

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

Don’t worry. They’ll take 3 of 4 from the Orioles next weekend and, watch out, the league is in trouble! Then they’ll go embarrass themselves on the west coast trip.

7 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Don’t worry. They’ll take 3 of 4 from the Orioles next weekend and, watch out, the league is in trouble! Then they’ll go embarrass themselves on the west coast trip.

Baltimore has several young solid players, and are only one win behind the White Sox (30 to 29), despite losing their Ace (Means).

The worst of the worst are primarily located in the respective Centrals (Detroit, Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Cubs, Cincinnati), good for the Sox because this is the last season of the unbalanced schedule (but bad starting in 2023). Oakland and Washington are the two non Central tankers/under .400 teams.

10 hours ago, greg775 said:

Perhaps do other things besides weight training and baseball, as guys used to do years ago . swimming, tennis, cycling, volleyball, basketball, soccer, Gymnastics . even ballet and yoga,  just as examples . as a young man i was into long distance bicycle touring, and it seemed that every part of my body was toned . non of these seriously, but for fun, for the workout . something to use different parts of your body.

Edited by White Sox Park