Who should Sox fear the most, CLE or Minny?

caulfield12

Who should Sox fear?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Choose just one

• Twins
    • Guardians
    • Ourselves…JR Hahn TLR, injuries/out of position players, training group, etc.
    • Nobody, KW Old School…the only thing we have to fear is fear itself

Minnesota at +9, Guardians at +5 and rapidly closing with the easiest June schedule.  Sox at -1 before a really tough week, then Baltimore.

CLE with best overall player, Minny with two stars and a deeper lineup when healthy, Guardians with better rotation of the two (Civale the biggest weak link) and clearly the best closer.  Guardians with a lot more valuable trade pieces in their system and theoretical financial flexibility compared to having Correa on the books.  Arguably the best manager in the division who consistently gets the most out of his underdog/cinderella teams.

Both swept Sox early, and Naylor game has to be in their heads a bit…not to mention how tough the Guardians played the Sox for the last decade, but 2020-21 as well.

Edited by caulfield12

Sox have the easiest remaining schedule in all of MLB. If they can't find a way to win this weak division, it will be their own doing.

Get healthy, beat the piss out of Minnesota and Cleveland head-to-head. Win this damn division.

Twins and Guardians ain't shit.

Fangraphs actually projects the Twins to have about a 44% chance to won the division, Sox at 35%, and Guardians at 21%. I think Cleveland is about to fade fast with a tougher schedule coming up. They've feasted on dogshit teams for the last month. 

• Like 1

We should fear ourselves. We can't seem to get out of our own way with injuries and sometimes stupid decisions, sometimes stupid play in the field. If we can find a way to stay healthy for the rest of the year, to the ear, play better baseball than there is no one in our division that is going to beat us.

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Cool, I just want to make sure it's ok with you if I also complain about the manager being inept

I was jokingly using the same reply that SS gave me when I said a problem was also Tony. 

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Cool, I just want to make sure it's ok with you if I also complain about the manager being inept

Fi-re TO-NY I'm wondering if going to the game just to join in the chant would be fun. 

4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Seems more sad and embarrassing than anything that it's come to that.  Just one in a long line of notable debacles in franchise history.

You may be right. I really can't feel happy for anyone losing their job, but sometimes it's necessary. And hopefully the next stop is ambassador, nothing that involves franchise decisions. Shake some hands, show off your rings, continue with your charities.