6/18/22 GT White Sox @ Houston 3:10 Cueto vs Verlander

wegner

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

i'm not familiar with what our guys are doing at the plate. sort of seems like theres some sort of "approach"

Verlander is throwing almost everything away. Not even bothering to throw a pitch inside as a show me pitch. 

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

him being painfully slow might be part of it

I saw him trying to stretch a single into a double the other day (which he did, barely) and that was the first time I saw how slow that dude is. He was strugglin big time halfway to second.

Makes you really appreciate how well Abreu runs as a first baseman.

Edited by ScooterMcGuire

2 hours ago, whitesoxwin said:

I keep hoping that the White Sox turn it around and every time I think they are headed in the right direction, they throw in a stinker like last night. Perhaps Cuerto throws a masterpiece today and the team's bats are as hot as heck. That scenario seems unlikely with Verlander on the mound but anything can happen. Come on Chicago, get pissed about last's night performance and get things turned around asap. Some of us haven't given up on the team yet but dang it, it's getting harder to stay positive.

I know it's early in the game but it's looking darn good for the White Sox. Now just keep it going guys.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

No more in season extensions, period.

That said, would go with Kopech / Cueto / Cease for three playoff games in Houston.

Absolutely zero confidence in Lynn in Houston, would save Lucas for a home start and Lynn as well.

Might be their only true bargain contract on the entire roster, other than Vaughn, Cease and Kopech.  Mendick the way he’s going, and Burger (past tense).