6/18/22 GT White Sox @ Houston 3:10 Cueto vs Verlander

wegner

Just now, ScooterMcGuire said:

Now it's on Cueto and the bullpen. This game is far from over. Houston offense can come back in a heartbeat. Don't let up!

true, but also a fantastic opportunity for johnny to eat some innings

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

These are not the droids we are looking for.

Robert already with four RBI’s, Verlander TKO’ed in the fourth…with no Grandal, TA7, Moncada, Jimenez involved.

I'm sure Ben Verlander has started drinking early today.  "He's 16th on the K list....he's 16th now on the all time K list."

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

I'm sure Ben Verlander has started drinking early today.  "He's 16th on the K list....he's 16th now on the all time K list."

Who would have imagined Sox fans “clamoring” for a Cueto extension over Lucas Giolito in mid-May?

Might end up being the one move that saved the Sox season from totally getting away.

• Like 1

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

Good chance Danny Mendick will suck again, but what he's done to cover TA's absence is so underrated right now.  

Idk that its underrated.  Some very serious and warranted talk of him covering second for the foreseeable future based on the way he's stepped up (also because Harrison and Leury suck).

2 minutes ago, Spumoni said:

Idk that its underrated.  Some very serious and warranted talk of him covering second for the foreseeable future based on the way he's stepped up (also because Harrison and Leury suck).

It’s just that these offensive spurts have never been sustainable with everyday play.  See Engel, Adam.

Interesting decision looming now with Burger/Mendick vs. Moncada/Harrison.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Who would have imagined Sox fans “clamoring” for a Cueto extension over Lucas Giolito in mid-May?

Might end up being the one move that saved the Sox season from totally getting away.

Well a Cueto extension would be more in Uncle Jerry's price range.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Would be first win since 2019 in Houston.

Also, never would have thought in a million years that Burger and Mendick would be fighting for playing time with Moncada.

If anything, Mendick has earned the starting 2B job, and at the very least Burger is the DH.

I also think Seby's bat is valuable enough to where they should try to keep him on the roster but idk how that would work. 

8 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

@caulfield12 and @southsider2k5 didn’t believe me a few weeks ago when I said Sox offense was going to wake up. I’d say they’ve woken up eh?

I feel like you've posted this enough times. We get it. lol

Dangerous game, you're playing. Don't rub your message board victories in other posters faces unless you want your L's to be rubbed back in yours tenfold.