6/18/22 GT White Sox @ Houston 3:10 Cueto vs Verlander

wegner

2 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

If anything, Mendick has earned the starting 2B job, and at the very least Burger is the DH.

I also think Seby's bat is valuable enough to where they should try to keep him on the roster but idk how that would work. 

Let’s see where those guys are 2-3 weeks from now, first.  Zavala provides some pop but his defense has been so bad.  Worse than Collins.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, Richie said:

I feel like you've posted this enough times. We get it. lol

Dangerous game, you're playing. Don't rub your message board victories in other posters faces unless you want your L's to be rubbed back in yours tenfold. 

Nah. For the amount @caulfield12 posts about the Sox failures the number of my posts are nothing relatively speaking.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

If anything, Mendick has earned the starting 2B job, and at the very least Burger is the DH.

I also think Seby's bat is valuable enough to where they should try to keep him on the roster but idk how that would work. 

Mendick has performed admirably, but he always has in short spurts, it seems. The minute we make him our regular 2nd baseman - I would be willing to bet that he regresses to his career norms. That's just how it typically goes with him. 

FWIW - Harrison playing much better recently as well. He has certainly not been the auto out he used to be and he's up to .214 on the year. 

Edited by Richie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Let’s see where those guys are 2-3 weeks from now, first.  Zavala provides some pop but his defense has been so bad.  Worse than Collins.

Exactly. Mendick has done this before and always regresses to his poor career norms the moment that he's handed anything resembling regular duties. 

Zavala started like this when he came up for the injured Grandal last year as well. However, he regressed and things ended pretty badly for him in 2021. Terrible defensive catcher. 

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Nah. For the amount @caulfield12 posts about the Sox failures the number of my posts are nothing relatively speaking.

Sox failures would take three Jay Cuda lifetimes tweeting everyday to fully encompass. 

Tigers “destroying” Rangers with a 10-1 lead.  Helping out Sox in WC.

1 minute ago, Richie said:

Your complaining about his complaining is also pretty obnoxious. 

I’m not complaining. I’m asking for him to give the Sox offense credit where credit is due. Earlier this week it was “well let’s see them do it against a good team.” Is Verlander/Houston good enough?

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Harrison gets on base again with a HBP.  

He's starting to creep back into the conversation of staying here as our 2nd baseman after TA gets back. At least, until something happens at the deadline. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richie said:

Your complaining about his complaining is also pretty obnoxious. 

My favorite is the life that complaints about complaints get.

But then a lot of time those same posters aren’t consistently following the team or posting in game threads, both good and bad games.

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I’m not complaining. I’m asking for him to give the Sox offense credit where credit is due. Earlier this week it was “well let’s see them do it against a good team.” Is Verlander/Houston good enough?

Okay. Fair enough. I'm never one to butt into the middle of a love affair. Go ahead and proceed. 

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Josh has been showing signs of life lately.  He's been having a better year so far than Moncada at least.

Except that’s arguably true of 95-98% of MLB hitters this year.  Not exactly Silver Slugger standards.  Or whatever that award is now referred to as.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

If the White Sox win two of the next four games against the Astros and Blue Jays…then fans can start to believe in them a bit again.

The biggest challenge is consistently scoring 4-5 runs a game, not going 0-2 runs for two and then one explosion the next.

That’s what they will need to do against Minny and CLE.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Except that’s arguably true of 95-98% of MLB hitters this year.  Not exactly Silver Slugger standards.  Or whatever that award is now referred to as.

Before this past weekend. I am fairly certain Yoan Moncada was the worst hitter in major league baseball so far as every day players go. 

I still have hopes Moncada can at least turn into the version of himself that he was last season (not great, but a 4.0 WAR 3B). However, yeah... no doubt that comparing anyone to Moncada and saying that they're doing "good" because of it is silly.

That being said - Harrison is fairing a good deal better. 

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If the White Sox win two of the next four games against the Astros and Blue Jays…then fans can start to believe in them a bit again.

Why are four games in the middle of June the magical threshold for believing again? Even if they win 2/4 you’ll move the goalposts again and say it doesn’t mean anything until they pass Cleveland and Minnesota in the division blah blah blah. 

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Why are four games in the middle of June the magical threshold for believing again? Even if they win 2/4 you’ll move the goalposts again and say it doesn’t mean anything until they pass Cleveland and Minnesota in the division blah blah blah. 

Because the Astros and Jays are actually really good, playoff-worthy teams.

They won’t be passing anyone for the division until late July/early August.  The FG odds will be in their favor from that point, barring another major pitching injury.

In some ways, they are competing more with themselves and their manager.  Everyone needs to be on the same page.  The day-to-day lineups have suddenly improved dramatically, whatever the reason.

Edited by caulfield12

6 minutes ago, Richie said:

However, yeah... no doubt that comparing anyone to Moncada and saying that they're doing "good" because of it is silly.

Nobody has done that.  At least not me.

I did say Josh has been showing signs of life lately - which he has.  I also said at least he's been having a better year than Moncada so far, which is also true.  

Never said anyone was "doing good" just because they've been outperforming Moncada so far this season.

Just now, Heads22 said:

AV up to .318

Him and TA at the top of the lineup followed by Abreu, Robert, Pollock and Burger should score us plenty of runs the rest of the way. Forget Moncada, Grandal and Jimenez. We can score without them.

• Like 1