6/18/22 GT White Sox @ Houston 3:10 Cueto vs Verlander

wegner

As bad as the offseason moves looked a month ago they’re coming around now. Cueto is been great. Graveman has been very good. Pollock has been hitting much better of late. McGuire has been a solid #2 catcher. Kelly is TBD because he hasn’t been healthy but hopefully finally healthy. VV has been passable as a 5th starter/long reliever. Heck, even Harrison has been coming around at the plate and has played solid D all season.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Lopez made quick work in the 8th

ReyLo might be making himself some money out of the pen.  Particularly with all of the injuries, he may be able to pitch some high leverage situations and get back to what everyone thought he'd be with the Nats. 

3 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

ReyLo might be making himself some money out of the pen.  Particularly with all of the injuries, he may be able to pitch some high leverage situations and get back to what everyone thought he'd be with the Nats. 

I would like to see him in a rotation spot down the line giving some rest to Kopech. He’s been lights out since last year (2nd half). 

Edited by HahnsKiddieTable

5 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I would like to see him in a rotation spot down the line giving some rest to Kopech. He’s been lights out since last year (2nd half). 

I think he would be better as a closer.  Just let it all go. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

That may be the best win of the year.  Hats off to Cueto.

Yes, hats off to Cueto. This guy pitches his heart out. And Robert is starting to look like the player he should be. The Sox offense has actually looked good for the past 10 days, and today played smart baseball. I hope they are not getting our hopes up for nothing. But I look at this as a big win.

26 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Reylo is versatile and valuable.

Nice win. Good to see a starter go 7 innings. That had to be the first time all season a guy went 7. Maybe one other time? 12 hits is good. Thankfully Robert and Abreu's shots past third for 2 RBI apiece were fair by a foot. If those are the usual foul balls this team hits it might be a different game. Beautiful blowout win. Very surprising to me.

Edited by greg775