That's a we own Verlander White Sox Winner

wegner

1 hour ago, wegner said:

What a difference a day makes.

Great Win.

Cueto is the man.

Look at you , pulling double duty as the winning game thread starter and the follow up winner thread !

You’ve got to be BLEEPIN me??  What in the hell are you doing?  What are you doing Wegner???  You’ve gotta be kiddin me!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Look at you , pulling double duty as the winning game thread starter and the follow up winner thread !

You’ve got to be BLEEPIN me??  What in the hell are you doing?  What are you doing Wegner???  You’ve gotta be kiddin me!!

I honestly expected the GT to be a one and done thing.  But I'll play along.  I'll start them all week if the Sox cooperate.

I only started the winner thread because surprisingly no one else had and this game definitely deserved one. 

32 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

My body is really enjoying freedom from Kuechel’s psychological terrorism 

it was the beard.

Verlander unable or unwilling to go inside, the Sox stayed patient and hit away with success. Cueto truly outstanding, a gutsy veteran hoping to contribute to a second World Series Title before he calls it a career. 

Sox have a solid shot to go 5-1 on the road trip, perhaps inconceivable last Sunday. More important than a win is that Kopech's leg is OK for the long haul.

32 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

it was the beard.

Verlander unable or unwilling to go inside, the Sox stayed patient and hit away with success. Cueto truly outstanding, a gutsy veteran hoping to contribute to a second World Series Title before he calls it a career. 

Sox have a solid shot to go 5-1 on the road trip, perhaps inconceivable last Sunday. More important than a win is that Kopech's leg is OK for the long haul.

Love the clip....my wife and I watched the movie again last week.  So many great lines.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Snopek said:

In the Bold Predictions thread when I said that Josh Harrison would be an all star, what I was really trying to say was Johnny Cueto would be our ace.

Damn auto correct always gets me too.

39 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

It's not like they tattooed Verlander.  Lot of grounders got through. Team still isn't driving the ball.
Cueto had excellent command.   The rest of the staff could watch and learn (#7 in Ks; # 21 ERA; #25 WHIP).

They did what they needed to do to beat Verlander imo.  Rarely are you going to tattoo an Ace like Verlander.  There were some great takes on pitches Verlander wants hitters to go after yesterday....especially by young hitters like Vaughn and Robert.  I was very encouraged by that game especially bouncing back from Friday.

45 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

It's not like they tattooed Verlander.  Lot of grounders got through. Team still isn't driving the ball.
Cueto had excellent command.   The rest of the staff could watch and learn (#7 in Ks; # 21 ERA; #25 WHIP).

Why tho?  The Sox beat Justin Verlander 7 to 0.  I don't need Debbie Downer here. Enjoy it and stress tomorrow. 

• Like 1