Haseley called up, Foster to bereavement list

Heads22

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Probably for Yoan

We have to drop a pitcher after tomorrow too, so Tim back, Haseley up, Yoan IL, pitcher down (or IL)

Of course, if thats what we are going to do, I hope Adam's going right to Houston and IL Yoan before the game

6 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Oh joy, another utility player on the roster.

He might end up taking Adam Engels place long term. A few years younger. He's had some success hitting in

the minors. He is a pretty good outfielder at all three positions too. Of course, he could crap out just as easily.

2 hours ago, zisk said:

He might end up taking Adam Engels place long term. A few years younger. He's had some success hitting in

That's fine, but leery of 2 of them at the same time.  Haseley will also take a walk, unless/until the Sox fever hits him.

Edited by GreenSox

8 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

White Sox Platoon

Starring

• Tom Berenger as Tony La Russa
  • Charlie Sheen as Rick Hahn
  • Willem Dafoe as Adam "Elias" Engel
  • Mark Moses as Kenny Williams
  • Forest Whitaker as Eloy Jimenez
  • John C. McGinley as Gavin Sheets

@wegner

Engel.....NOOOOOO

You know I love that tune...thanks.

As much as I hate the idea of giving up on someone with Engel's speed and defensive ability in the OF, he's right-handed and sporting a .615 OPS and he just doesn't fit on this roster right now.

Does Engel have too much service time to be sent down? I'm not clear on how that works.

It would be a mistake to drop Engel off this team. He can play superior defense at all three OF positions and is a fast runner. He can hit. With Anderson back we have 4 infielders and none of the other three will be replacing Anderson. Moncada to the IL is a real possibility. Tim returns Monday in Chicago so the roster watch begins in earnest. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

As much as I hate the idea of giving up on someone with Engel's speed and defensive ability in the OF, he's right-handed and sporting a .615 OPS and he just doesn't fit on this roster right now.

Does Engel have too much service time to be sent down? I'm not clear on how that works.

13 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

It would be a mistake to drop Engel off this team. He can play superior defense at all three OF positions and is a fast runner. He can hit. With Anderson back we have 4 infielders and none of the other three will be replacing Anderson. Moncada to the IL is a real possibility. Tim returns Monday in Chicago so the roster watch begins in earnest. 

So I did some digging. 5 years service time is the limit at which a player can no longer be optioned to the minors. By my calculations, as of today, Engel is 41 days short of 5 years, so he can be optioned and they wouldn't have to DFA him. Maybe playing every day at AAA for a while will wake up his bat like it (hopefully) did for Haseley.

3 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

So I did some digging. 5 years service time is the limit at which a player can no longer be optioned to the minors. By my calculations, as of today, Engel is 41 days short of 5 years, so he can be optioned and they wouldn't have to DFA him. Maybe playing every day at AAA for a while will wake up his bat like it (hopefully) did for Haseley.

Hitting in Charlotte does wonders for offensive numbers.

58 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yes, which is probably why Hasley is about to be on the move.  Replacing a pitcher.

Eh, Anderson would be the easy move to replace a pitcher, Haseley would seem to portend Yoan or someone else going on the IL

12 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Eh, Anderson would be the easy move to replace a pitcher, Haseley would seem to portend Yoan or someone else going on the IL

Yeah, why give up that extra pitcher a day before you have to? Seems like Haseley is up for someone else and I agree it's probably Yoan.

• Heads22 changed the title to Haseley called up, Foster to bereavement list