A Guy The Sox Should Sign IMO

greg775

Here's a guy the Sox should sign for the rest of this season. Lorenzo Cain has been DFA'ed by Milwaukee.

The Sox appear dead most of the time. The Sox have at bats available. This guy has played for winning teams. If nothing else, he'd help the Sox win Central Division games, especially against the Royals. 

The Sox are in a stretch they pick up stiffs like Harrison and Pollock, bunch of guys like that in the past. Why not try something different and pick up a guy who "could" conceivably spark the team, get hot and lead an injured Sox team forward. Before you dismiss it, why not try the Costanza method? Do the opposite of what the Sox normally do. Pick up Cain and release Pollock ... NOW.

Do you agree or not? I want Cain.

• Haha 2

Cain's been god awful this year. There's a reason Milwaukee straight up released him while they were paying him $18 million. He's a defensive replacement at this point. His bat is almost non-existent. The expected stats don't think it's been a fluke either. Anything he can do, Engel can do. I don't see how he'd fit on this team. 

• Like 1

Cain? No. I feel like we need to dump a few guys off the roster and not bring in more questions to replace the old ones. Unless there is career upside incoming.

I wish we could trade Leury and Harrison for Yolbert, and just live with Vaughn and Engel for the outfield. Especially if Hassely and Eloy are incoming

Hassely is the same ol thing the Sox do. Former No. 1 pick somewhere else. He ain't gonna hit. You heard it here first. Why not try something different and acquire a proven winner in Cain.

To his performance to date I say this: Change.Of.Scenery. Just try it. Only negative I feel is I think he's torn his hammy in the past as well. He'd fit in well here as a potential IL guy possibly. ... Why do peeps always want the same scenario? Try this we might like it.

39 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Hassely is the same ol thing the Sox do. Former No. 1 pick somewhere else. He ain't gonna hit. You heard it here first. Why not try something different and acquire a proven winner in Cain.

To his performance to date I say this: Change.Of.Scenery. Just try it. Only negative I feel is I think he's torn his hammy in the past as well. He'd fit in well here as a potential IL guy possibly. ... Why do peeps always want the same scenario? Try this we might like it.

Greg, don’t you remember what happens to every veteran future HoF or below veteran who signs with the White Sox at 35-36+ under Reinsdorf?

It’s the very last stop in their playing career.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Greg, don’t you remember what happens to every veteran future HoF or below veteran who signs with the White Sox at 35-36+ under Reinsdorf?

It’s the very last stop in their playing career.

I'm still waiting for our Sox to sign ARod