6/19/22 GT White Sox @ Houston 6:08 Kopech vs Javier

wegner

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Can someone please walk me through the Harrison signing? He had a worse second half than Hernandez last year yet the GM gave him 5.5M. What was the thinking there? Was it "well he can't be that bad again" or "even if he sucks he's good in the clubhouse" or what?

Never made one bit of sense

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Can someone please walk me through the Harrison signing? He had a worse second half than Hernandez last year yet the GM gave him 5.5M. What was the thinking there? Was it "well he can't be that bad again" or "even if he sucks he's good in the clubhouse" or what?

“Vet?  2B?  Name?  Here’s $5M”…

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

Those tourist boats have to be the greatest racket in the world. They go by every 5 minutes of the day for 12 hours a day and they're all full. It's incredible

We had a great guide. Just amazing. There is a whole other city from that side.

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

The GM waited until the market had completely passed him by and left no options with a legitimate need. 

1 minute ago, Chick Mercedes said:

It is still amazing that Tony has yet another coherent lineup that features a degree of consistency. What the fuck was wrong with him for dozens and dozens and dozens of game to this point that has changed?

Because Leury being hurt makes it easier for him to construct a lineup 

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Obviously not.

I know it's fashionable to blame Hahn, but he has to work within the contract framework that Jerry will allow at any given time. 

IMO the blame is with ownership putting handcuffs on the FO, scouting dept and other areas that would help the team. 

If Jerry doesn't want to invest in sabes, advance scouts, long term deals, and in the international market then Hahn and Paddy are hamstrung by it. 

Hard to improve the team when ownership prohibits it.

Edited by Jack Parkman