GT 6/20: TOR @ SOX, 7:10, NBCSC

18 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Jose Berrios (R) 5-2, 4.65 vs Lance Lynn (R) 0-0, 6.23

Anderson expected to return today. Mendick, Haseley, Engel candidates to be sent down. Harrison DFA possible but very unlikely.

I’d love to end the Harrison experiment today; if you don’t today you pretty much have to in a couple weeks anyway. But I think a Yoan IL stint is most likely. 

58 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Anderson expected to return today. Mendick, Haseley, Engel candidates to be sent down. Harrison DFA possible but very unlikely.

No way you send Mendick down. He has been  one of our hottest hitters and playing great defense.  Put him at 2 nd and get rid of Harrison.

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Moncada will be put on the IL most lik6.

our CWS are two games below .500.

We are behind the surging Guardians for third place in the division.

We are 5.0 games behind the first place twins.

We are 64 games into the season, leaving 98 games left.

We are facing the very tough blue jays.

this is not the season we expected.

I expect us to go 0-3 or 1-2 this series. Would be surprised at winning two games. Also don't look now, but our next competitors, the Orioles, are playing some of their best ball.

28 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

our CWS are two games below .500.

We are behind the surging Guardians for third place in the division.

We are 5.0 games behind the first place twins.

We are 64 games into the season, leaving 98 games left.

We are facing the very tough blue jays.

this is not the season we expected.

I expect us to go 0-3 or 1-2 this series. Would be surprised at winning two games. Also don't look now, but our next competitors, the Orioles, are playing some of their best ball.

While the Blue Jays are tough and the Orioles may be tougher than expected, the White Sox are not only playing good offensive baseball right now but they are also getting an absolute ton of hits falling and making it through the infield. Perhaps the Blue Jays pitching deals with us again, but I would not go so far as to say that I would be surprised by any result of this series.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

What if they don't rack up Ws vs the easiest schedule in baseball? 

There are 13 games left against Detroit, 11 games against KC, 7 games a piece against Baltimore and Oakland.

There are 16 games left against Minnesota and 14 games against Cleveland.

That easy schedule is literally "Win against the AL Central and Baltimore this week". 

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

There are 13 games left against Detroit, 11 games against KC, 7 games a piece against Baltimore and Oakland.

There are 16 games left against Minnesota and 14 games against Cleveland.

That easy schedule is literally "Win against the AL Central and Baltimore this week". 

I do not feel confident in those 30 games against Minnesota and Cleveland, and the Sox always struggle with KC and Oakland no matter how bad they are.

The Sox are what their record says they are.  

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I do not feel confident in those 30 games against Minnesota and Cleveland, and the Sox always struggle with KC and Oakland no matter how bad they are. 

The White Sox won their last series against KC...the prior 5 series with them either KC won the series or it was a split. So this is absolutely true in recent history, and all those games with KC are a big part of this supposedly easy schedule.

Handle the AL Central like they did Detroit in the last series and the schedule looks easy, but that's literally what the schedule strength translates to.

• Fire 1

They also play Orioles and Mariners a lot after this series.  The Blue Jays swept the good guys in Canada.  And they have to play @ Giants still.  .500 or 2/3 over is a realistic goal for the first half considering the injuries.  

Edited by JPR

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The Sox are what their record says they are.  

I don’t think that last sentence is necessarily accurate based on the health of the team and the schedule to date. It’s not a stretch at all to think the Sox best days of 2022 are ahead of them.

But absolutely none of it matters if they play .500 or worse ball against MN and Cleveland. 

27 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Rangers are not a pushover. 

It’s better than playing the Yankees, Astros, or Dodgers.  Sox are already almost done with all of their difficult games and it’s not even the all star break.  Astros have 9 games in a row against the Yankees and Mets 

Edited by JPR

9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don’t think that last sentence is necessarily accurate based on the health of the team and the schedule to date. It’s not a stretch at all to think the Sox best days of 2022 are ahead of them.

But absolutely none of it matters if they play .500 or worse ball against MN and Cleveland. 

Newsflash: They're never going to be healthy. Nobody is. 

Even with the long-term injuries to Robert and Jimenez last year, they were one of the healthiest teams in baseball. 

2 hours ago, hankchifan said:

No way you send Mendick down. He has been  one of our hottest hitters and playing great defense.  Put him at 2 nd and get rid of Harrison.

It's just not that simple though. In a vacuum you may be able to say that. But in this case Harrison has had a few good weeks now, seems to be liked in the clubhouse, can play a few positions, is a veteran and you paid him $5mm. Mendick can easily be shifted to AAA with his options. I think even without a Moncada injury they'd likely choose sending down Mendick (who ... if we all remember has never had sustained success up in the majors ... he's done this hot start thing a few times and then been pretty brutal). 

Most likely to least likely:

Moncada IL

Mendick down

Leury IL

Harrison cut

• Like 1