GT 6/20: TOR @ SOX, 7:10, NBCSC

37 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I do not feel confident in those 30 games against Minnesota and Cleveland, and the Sox always struggle with KC and Oakland no matter how bad they are.

The Sox are what their record says they are.  

We know.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Newsflash: They're never going to be healthy. Nobody is. 

Even with the long-term injuries to Robert and Jimenez last year, they were one of the healthiest teams in baseball. 

Fully healthy? Yeah probably not. In terms of not losing key players for long stretches? I think they can get a little more lucky in that regard in the 2H.

I'm really not feeling good about this series. I hope I'm wrong but this just feels like it's gonna be another series loss or sweep to another good team. Having TA back will be nice and is sorely needed, but we have much bigger issues than that, sadly.

Who's getting injured in this series? 

This is universal in all of pro sports today, players have to learn the difference between pain and injury.  Mike Singletary could fight through pain and illnesss, so could Jordan.  Take the hair bun who tweaks his knee and is like I’m done let me throw a ball at the grass to show my frustration but pitches with zero ill effects days later.  Only to go off, using his pitching arm, to abuse products in the dugout (like the genius that he is) after he blows the game yesterday.  Players are too soft, just cuz you experience pain doesn’t mean you shut it down.  You fight through it like Jordan did.  Either the Sox training staff is one of the worst in the past 30 years or players are too soft nowadays.  What’s next, I got a hang nail and can’t pitch.  Let me just brush my hair in the dugout and put it in a man bun please?  Time for these players to play like men and quit wincing at the smallest form of pain.  Or fire the training staff, one or the other has to happen to get anywhere.

Edited by JPR
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JPR said:

This is universal in all of pro sports today, players have to learn the difference between pain and injury.  Mike Singletary could fight through pain and illnesss, so could Jordan.  Take the hair bun who tweaks his knee and is like I’m done let me throw a ball at the grass to show my frustration but pitches with zero ill effects days later.  Only to go off, using his pitching arm, to abuse products in the dugout (like the genius that he is) after he blows the game yesterday.  Players are too soft, just cuz you experience pain doesn’t mean you shut it down.  You fight through it like Jordan did.  Either the Sox training staff is one of the worst in the past 30 years or players are too soft nowadays.  What’s next, I got a hang nail and can’t pitch.  Let me just brush my hair in the dugout and put it in a man bun please?  Time for these players to play like men and quit wincing at the smallest form of pain.  Or fire the training staff, one or the other has to happen to get anywhere.

Hair bun had his knee drained. There was an injury there.

• Thanks 1

I'm not excited about $5.60 a gallon gas but it's great to be back in Illinois and easy, legal, wagering. I'm thinking the over for today. Lynn could really get lit up. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

One lefty in the lineup is pathetic.  Berrios is another guy who’s way tougher on righties than lefties.  Stay hot Hahn!

The only lefties available are McGuire, Leury and Haseley so there's not much to pick from.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

One lefty in the lineup is pathetic.  Berrios is another guy who’s way tougher on righties than lefties.  Stay hot Hahn!

Not exactly a new development over here. 

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Is there some kind of a power struggle going on here?  There is something we aren't being told, because none of this adds up on the surface. 

Maybe they are trying to rush someone to Chicago, but don't know if they can get them here in time?

Can't think of what else it could be.