GT 6/20: TOR @ SOX, 7:10, NBCSC

9 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

I’d love to end the Harrison experiment today; if you don’t today you pretty much have to in a couple weeks anyway. But I think a Yoan IL stint is most likely. 

I would like to keep Harrison around 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

I would like to keep Harrison around 

1 game doesn’t change how awful he’s been but it was indeed a nice game. He’s not as bad as he’s been, that’s for sure. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

1 game doesn’t change how awful he’s been but it was indeed a nice game. He’s not as bad as he’s been, that’s for sure. 

feels exactly like what happened with Cesar last season. If the Sox DFA'd him, he'd probably be ~fine for whoever picked him up for the rest of this season.

21 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He's actually been fine in June but we are seeing him less and could be the rest is helping him stay fresh. 35 AB's in June .320 BA, .800 OPS. sparkling defense. Right at 0 fWAR. He's going to be here all year for defense alone in late innings if Moncada continues on the unhealthy or unable to hit lists.

Leury's really been the terrible one with that -.9 fWAR.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Made it a bit too close, but a win is a win. 

It proves once again the need to pile on runs, we needed every one of the 8 runs scored.  We have not been good this year in piling up runs after an early lead.  Need a killer instinct.  No unwritten rules.

Until the Sox DFA Leury, you can't really call them being serious about the year.  Serious MLB teams would've dropped him by now...you have more than a few guys that could at least replace him, He is below REPLACEMENT level...he needs to be replaced.

8 minutes ago, TheBlackSox8 said:

Until the Sox DFA Leury, you can't really call them being serious about the year.  Serious MLB teams would've dropped him by now...you have more than a few guys that could at least replace him, He is below REPLACEMENT level...he needs to be replaced.

Eh, You just don't DFA guys you just gave a 3 yr. contract to. You can say how bad of a contract that was for sure though. It's less than 3 months into a contract that runs for 3 yrs. He could come back and have a nice 2nd half this season in a lot less playing time.

I think Leury is just fine and will hit his eventual .268 number he always does, but I would cut bait because Burger, Mendick, and a healthy Moncada make him obselete in the infield, and Vaughn, Eloy, Pollock, Engel, Robert make him obsolete in the outfield. 

Edited by Greg Hibbard

Signing leury for 3 years was just unnecessary. He is not as bad as he currently is but even if he hits for his usual 85 wrc+ such a player is dime a dozen and you should go year to year with him. Give him a 1 year deal and Play him as long he is decent 

1 hour ago, Dominikk85 said:

Signing leury for 3 years was just unnecessary. He is not as bad as he currently is but even if he hits for his usual 85 wrc+ such a player is dime a dozen and you should go year to year with him. Give him a 1 year deal and Play him as long he is decent 

That’s not even in the top ten problems.

Burger’s defense

Left-handed relievers without Bummer

Grandal’s back and lower body

Moncada’s everything, heart/soul/mind/body

Eloy

Giolito’s recent disappearing act

Lynn getting his A fastball back

Kopech’s knee

Cease’s recent heavy workload

Hendriks’ forearm/elbow

11 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Robert had to run 45 yards and didn't see Hernandez going for second from the get go.  Too non character.

He should know his own countrymen's style of play.

Problem there is one is 🇩🇴 and one is cubano