2022 Promotions

Chicago White Sox

1 hour ago, Sleepy Harold said:

I'm still patiently awaiting Lenyn's promotion to Charlotte. Feels long overdue despite it not being a perfect fit at the moment. 

Maybe the Sox are comfortable just promoting him from AA, but I'd love to see how well his bat played in AAA to see if he is a realistic option to help the team later this season or not.

3 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

Maybe the Sox are comfortable just promoting him from AA, but I'd love to see how well his bat played in AAA to see if he is a realistic option to help the team later this season or not.

Possibly, he's just recently surpasses 400 PAs and has 370+ ABs for the barons over the last two years, so maybe they were waiting out a benchmark before a promotion. There's no real reason at this point that Ryder Jones/Laz Rivera/Zach Remillard should be an "obstacle" for much longer.

I hate to think it but could some lack of promotions be to maintain trade value for guys?  If you move them up and they struggle, you may hurt what value has been raised.  Not suggesting it for Sosa specifically as I hope he is a keeper.

On 6/23/2022 at 5:24 PM, ChiSox59 said:

Glass from Kanny to Charlotte an interesting one. Quite a jump for a dude hitting .150 in A ball. Welcome to bench! Haha 

That’s gotta be the kiss of death for a prospect like him. We think so little of you as a prospect that you’re literally going to get promoted to fill a roster spot. 

7 hours ago, bighurt4life said:

That’s gotta be the kiss of death for a prospect like him. We think so little of you as a prospect that you’re literally going to get promoted to fill a roster spot. 

My guess is it’s a logistical thing and he’ll be back in Kanny Tuesday and hopefully a more deserving player like Tyler Neslony heads to Charlotte. 

On 6/21/2022 at 6:30 PM, maxjusttyped said:

The pitching is so spotty in AAA, and the home park so giving,  that I wonder if hitting AAA pitching is any better indicator (if not worse) than AA.

• 3 weeks later...