GT 6/21: TOR @ SOX, 7:10, NBCSC

24 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I think this is the play.  Harrison sure picked it at 2B yesterday, but just don't think we can afford to run Jake out there at 3B everyday until Yoan is back.  Maybe against bad teams, but cannot give the good ones extra outs to play with.

Still so curious to see how they play out the Pollock/AV/Eloy/Burger logjam at LF/RF/DH upon Eloy's return (and Yoan, for that matter).  Hoping its a situation we find ourselves in, frankly.  

Pollock hasn't played RF since May 6th!!!  Pretty obvious they don't intend to move him back to RF.  Eloy isn't playing RF.  This would seem to indicate Pollock LF, AV RF and Eloy DH is the plan, but I will believe it when I see it on the Sox ending Eloy's escapades in LF.   

Vaughn has been in RF in the games he has played in the OF with Pollock. I would guess Butger gets sent down (if everyone is ever healthy). Eloy needs to mostly DH.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

there have been many iterations of Gausman in his career. And many iterations of Harrison in his career. That said, in 11ab's Harrison is batting .273 against Gausman. Not too shabby. Given his uptick at the plate over the last 2-3 weeks, homer yesterday? Think you see him in the lineup. Vaughn also homered against him as did Haseley, so have a feeling you see both those guys in today too. Small smaples though...

I'd go something like:

Anderson, Vaughn DH, Robert, Abreu, Haseley, Pollock, McGuire, Harrison 3b, Mendick. 

sounds ugly, but gets Haseley an at bat and start ... and not that i care, but, a lefty ... again, not my exact lineup of choice, but my guess. 

I would still rather go with Burger at DH and Vaugh in RF, but it's pretty much pick your poison between Burger and Vaughn being in the field. Anecdotally, Burger's mistakes seem more costly but I have no idea what the advanced metrics say.

Edited by Frankensteiner

AV in RF hurts less than Burger at 3rd IMO, not that either are good.  Just seems like there is more opportunity to make mistakes for Burger.  Eloy *should* only DH if and when he returns, but we know he'll still play LF and simultaneously be awful and an injury risk to himself and others.

Edited by Tnetennba
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

Yikes.  Gotta hope the top 5 get it done.

Yeah, sorta done watching Engel right now.  I like him overall, but he's been rough lately.  Not really sure what purpose Haseley serves if he isn't going to play against RHP. 

Jake is just 2/15 since returning from the IL.  I am fine with him getting the night off.  

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

OPS last 15 days:

Zavala .857

Harrison .827

Mendick .705

We know that none of them are actually that good and will eventually regress, but they're hot right now so maybe they stay hot for a few more days.

FanSided Daily had Toronto as there pick. They were wrong.  Today they have Cease as the winner. Let’s hope they’re are not wrong 2 days in a row. Vaughn is on fire, Robert and Abreu heating up, Anderson is back and I like Pollock. 

Should be a good one tonight, they need to run up the pitch count and Cease needs to be Cease and not waste pitches and get cute. don’t know which way the wind is blowing, but as they say it blows for both teams 

10 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Engle, Zavala, Harrison, and Mendick have actually been hitting well.

So hopefully the starting 9 get it done.

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

I've got a hunch that Seby hits one out tonight.  

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Maybe.  But that play charging in and throwing against your body’s momentum that Moncada makes with relative ease isn’t one he’s particular adept at.  

Well yeah, Mendick won’t be Moncada caliber at 3B.  But I was simply responding to the suggestion of Harrison at 3B and Mendick at 2B. I’d rather keep Harrison where he has been great defensively. 

12 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Engel is 4 for his last 30 and has looked brutal at the plate.  The other three are hitting it pretty well tho.