GT 6/21: TOR @ SOX, 7:10, NBCSC

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

The home plate ump was the worst. Made Angel Hernandez look great by comparison.

I'll never forget how Eddings bailed us out in 05, but he is god awful at his job. 

5 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I’d still like that better than Cesar Hernandez. At least Harrison looks like he gives a shit.

Boy do I agree with that.  I started to sour on Hernandez at the Field of Dreams game during the introductions where he was the only guy who looked like he didn't want to be there.  I still think he was a double agent for Cleveland.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Engel is 4 for his last 30 and has looked brutal at the plate.  The other three are hitting it pretty well tho.  

What were odds that Engel would get intentionally walked in the 12th inning of the game tonight? 🤣

7 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Engle / Harrison / Mendick wasn’t bad after all…

Beyond bizarre the asshat didn’t use Graveman in the 8th.

Fucking TRL guys.

I didn't watch until the 9th so I rewatched the 8th. Martin really didn't do a whole lot wrong outside of the leadoff walk. All the hits off him were bullshit. TA should have had Biggio's tying hit. No excuse he couldn't catch that one. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Beyond bizarre the asshat didn’t use Graveman in the 8th.

Who would have pitched the 9th then?  Also, it was the bottom three guys in the order for Toronto in the 8th. You wanted to use your best option in the 8th and then have somebody else face the top in the 9th?

Need to give TA a day off tomorrow. Don't want to push it to much.....would like to see the following line up tomorrow....

Mendick SS

Vaughn 1B

Robert CF

Abreu DH

Pollock LF

Burger 3B

Engel RF

McGuire C

Harrison 2B

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Was he high stepping to first before Jose scored?

Is Abreu still alive?

This game was about as crazy as the Naylor one.

Remember, that was a 2B out there in CF.  Abreu was going to score no matter what…even if his body split into four.

Moncada needs to take a lesson from watching Pito gut it out night after night. 

• Like 1

They showed in the postgame that Gordon Beckham went up to a guy in the stands pregame wearing a Beckham jersey.  The guy was so surprised.  Those little things that happen at a ball game are just cool.  Good for Gordon for making that guy's day.

14 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Character win tonight. Shows this team hasn't quit. 

Almost forgotten was the outstanding effort by Cease . There is no question the guy has electric stuff. He just has to work on the pitch count. He needs to go 7 consistently and he will be a No 1 type guy. 

This is probably the best stuff he's had all year. Maybe the Angels game was better results-wise but he had a no hit bid through 5 today and the only hit was an infield hit.