GT 6/21: TOR @ SOX, 7:10, NBCSC

43 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Character win tonight. Shows this team hasn't quit. 

Almost forgotten was the outstanding effort by Cease . There is no question the guy has electric stuff. He just has to work on the pitch count. He needs to go 7 consistently and he will be a No 1 type guy. 

How many pitchers actually go 7 full innings innings even 50% of the time ? Find me 5 in all of MLB who have made as many or 1 less start than Cease. Don't bother with Gerritt Cole 4 out of 10 for him with 7+.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

53 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Who would have pitched the 9th then?  Also, it was the bottom three guys in the order for Toronto in the 8th. You wanted to use your best option in the 8th and then have somebody else face the top in the 9th?

Pick your match ups… either throw Ruiz 7th, Kelly 8th, and Graveman 9th - or some variation of that.

Not fucking two AAA starter types.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

Pick your match ups… either throw Ruiz 7th, Kelly 8th, and Graveman 9th - or some variation of that.

Not fucking two AAA starter types.

I think if Kelly was available he would've pitched, He got knocked around yesterday so probably not 2 games in a row coming off the IL.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I think if Kelly was available he would've pitched, He got knocked around yesterday so probably not 2 games in a row coming off the IL.

Reasonable on both accounts… but they still have to do better managing the damned bullpen. 

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

They are deliberately not pitching him yet in consecutive games since coming off the IL.  Could change in the future.