AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX BIG ENERGY WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

48 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

You’re talking like they lost.  Can’t exactly expect a rookie STARTER to shut down the Blue Jays his very first time in a high leverage relief role with just a one run cushion.  Heck, Rodon is one of the top pitchers in baseball now and he failed in a similarly 7nfamiliar situation he wasn’t prepared for.

It's also worth mentioning that if Tim makes that catch, Toronto very likely does not even score in the 8th.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

The strike 3 call on McGuire in the 12th (that was a ball by 4-5") was baffling.  McGuire knew he couldn't make a big deal out of it because they had no other catchers if he got his ass thrown out, but the dugout should have been raising hell.  Luckily it didn't matter since Josh came through.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

The strike 3 call on McGuire in the 12th (that was a ball by 4-5") was baffling.  McGuire knew he couldn't make a big deal out of it because they had no other catchers if he got his ass thrown out, but the dugout should have been raising hell.  Luckily it didn't matter since Josh came through.

We’re TLR, Katz and Cairo awake or it was beyond their bed time!

9 hours ago, Quin said:

K6N28Tj.png7TrtjBq.png

Oof

I wasn't even that it was bad, it was so inconsistently bad that it was impossible to adjust to.  Its one thing if an ump is giving everyone three inches off of the corner.  If that's the case everyone can adjust.  But as you can see by the scatter, it was all over the place.  The bottom of the zone and the corners were all over the place.

5 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Doug Eddings must have bought stock in robot ump companies. 

I think they messed up the run expectancy on the #2 missed call. They didn't take the free base runner into account since it was 1st and 2nd 1 out. The difference between their situation and the actual is almost half a run. So Toronto was actually favored by 1.5 runs, not 2. Still bad, but maybe not as egregious. 

Eddings was bad but consistent my guess is that is why the White Sox were not vocal.  I know that sounds like carrying water but he was consistent.  The Burger at bat in the 10th was similar. 

I know this was stated elsewhere but Davis Martin pitched well in that situation. If he and Lambert can become acclimated to those roles it will be helpful

On 6/21/2022 at 11:50 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

3 1/2 games out for both the division lead and 6th WC spot.  Honestly, with our remaining schedule we just need enough guys to get healthy to give us a pretty great at landing one of those spots.  Then get a legit left-handed bat and second lefty for the pen and I think we can make serious run at this thing.

the Orioles say not so fast, healthy or not, losig 3of 4 or getting swept at home is unacceptable, we are nothing more than an  overrated team of dh's

On 6/18/2022 at 4:30 PM, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

@caulfield12 and @southsider2k5 didn’t believe me a few weeks ago when I said Sox offense was going to wake up. I’d say they’ve woken up eh?

On 6/22/2022 at 6:50 AM, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Mentioned it recently but the offseason acquisitions are really starting to come around. Big energy and pollock starting to hit. Cueto has been amazing. Graveman has been good. VV and McGuire have been serviceable and hopefully Kelley is the next to turn it around.

We didn't even make it a week.