Low Energy Premature trade winds…Jazz Chisholm 2B/Marlins

caulfield12

https://southsideshowdown.com/2022/06/22/3-chicago-white-sox-trade-packages-jazz-chisholm-jr-rumors/4/

Two of the most unrealistic traded proposals given the franchises involved and a third one that sort of makes sense unless you consider trading a cost-controlled budding franchise star and potential MVP candidate in his mid 20’s would seem unwise to every GM in the sport but a few…

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

https://southsideshowdown.com/2022/06/22/3-chicago-white-sox-trade-packages-jazz-chisholm-jr-rumors/4/

Two of the most unrealistic traded proposals given the franchises involved and a third one that sort of makes sense unless you consider trading a cost-controlled budding franchise star and potential MVP candidate in his mid 20’s would seem unwise to every GM in the sport but a few…

He seems like a sell-high guy for the Marlins right now.  If memory serves me right, last year he started super hot as well.. Then ended poorly

My take...

Jazz would be an absolute electric star with the White Sox and would be a great addition to this team. You're also probably buying at the absolute high so far, which is to say, is his ceiling/tools/profile there to be another level? Yes. I'd put him in the Tim Anderson grouping if he were to click on all cylinders. 

Miami finally has a buzz and a star in the making and would be stupid to let him go. That team is so damn stubborn and is a managerial change and 2 trades away from being a World Series contender. Yes, World Series. Trading Jazz takes them away from that goal. Also there is nothing at all we can offer them for Jazz that lines up. They don't need pitching and our most tradeable pieces are not good enough to net Jazz or make the Marlins better short or long term. 

2 hours ago, Jerry McNertney said:

I don't get it. Chisholm is hitting .241 this year with Miami. In his ML career he's hitting .239. His minor league numbers aren't impressive either.

Let me help.

There is more to a baseball player than his batting average.

He would lead the White Sox in all of the following categories

homers (13 vs 9)

RBI (42 vs 35)

SB (11 vs 11)

SLG (.513 vs .503)

Triples (4 vs 2)

Runs (36 vs 36)

and would be 2nd in

TB (106 vs 103)

Games (64 vs 55)

OPS (.880 vs .813 qualified players)

and 3rd in walks.

Jazz and TA would be the coolest middle infield in baseball. The problem is that I don't think Miami wants to trade Jazz for what the Sox have. Unless they really like Eloy or Moncada, I don't think we have the pieces. I doubt the cheap ass Marlins are going to want to get rid of a guy that's in pre-arb for 2 guys who have underachieved and are starting to really get paid. 

4 minutes ago, T R U said:

I don't think there is a bigger slam dunk than the White Sox trading for Chisholm and he completely falls off the face of the earth hitting .220 with no power once here.

And subsequently Lenyn Sosa / Colson Montgomery (I'm paranoid it's taking at least both of them) forming a dynamic middle infield for the Marlins.

I think Jazz Chisholm would be an awesome fit for this team, and I'd love to see him here, but I would think the Marlins would be asking for Vaughn+.  Any team that has a top-level player we want will probably be asking for Vaughn, which is why if a trade is made, it won't be for a top-level player.  Or Hahn is stupid enough to trade Vaughn, and knowing him it probably won't be for someone like Jazz Chisholm, but more like Frankie Montas.  After the Kimbrel debacle last year, I wouldn't put it past him.  If he could pull it off for Burger plus prospects, I'd be elated (and I really like Burger), but knowing that's pretty unlikely, I'd rather just try to make a run with the team they have than see the next bad Hahn trade. 

Edited by PorkChopExpress

47 minutes ago, ron883 said:

@caulfield12, you could have alternatively made the title "Jeb! Premature trade winds…Jazz Chisholm 2B/Marlins"

Well, also kind of a shot at Big Energy Harrison critics the last two days…granted, we have all been frustrated but suddenly he’s a huge difference maker.

It was too early for Sosa and Yolbert Sanchez is always going to be a complimentary piece like a similarly-named Yolmer Sanchez at even his very best.

Edited by caulfield12

38 minutes ago, zisk said:

Low batting average. Never walks. good glove and good power. Really doesn't sound like anything special. 

Is there something else I should know about him? If that's all there is, I wouldn't mortgage the future for him.

Last time I checked, on pace for a 5 - 5.5ish fWAR.   Would have been 2.5-2.75 last year had he played the full season.  It’s as if Tim Anderson had broken out his second year instead of going into a sophomore slump.

We can’t even manage to get Harrison’s 1.5 fWAR from last year or 2021 Madrigals’s extrapolated pace.

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Let me help.

There is more to a baseball player than his batting average.

He would lead the White Sox in all of the following categories

. . .

and would be 2nd in

. . .

Games (64 vs 55)

. . .

To be fair, he would probably only have played about 45 games on the Sox.