GT 6/22: TOR @ SOX, 1:10, NBCSC

9 minutes ago, soxfan3530 said:

I seriously don't get how RH manages the IL. If a guy can't play, put him on the IL and get bodies on this roster!

I really do think the 15 day IL for pitchers curbed a lot of that.  Which is what the players wanted.  But now we're seeing the ramifications of it.  Between that and the 5 option limit (which is only going to get worse next season when April/May actually counts), the teams are much more hamstrung than they were in the past. 

Edited by ChiSox59

20 minutes ago, wegner said:

I hope you are all happy....after all the bitching, big energy is now batting 9th and Hasely is 8th (he did put down a nice bunt last night though)

Second leadoff spot is earned, not given.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Abreu I get, but the Engel number is just bizarre.  I know his defense helps, but this is absurd.

Guessing a big part of Engel is that he almost always comes in for defense late in the game if we're winning, and we've won very few games in blowout fashion.  Just turns out he started the games we did win in blowouts. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I notice that Jay's statistics seem to be more positive these days thank goodness....for awhile there everyone of his stats put me into at least a mildly depressive state.

13 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I can't figure out if TA isn't fully healthy yet, or if he hasn't got any confidence in his leg yet.  He really has yet to really let it go, and I think there is something there mentally which is hurting his game.

Yeah that’s all thanks to being a defensive sub on a team that has started Vaughn, Sheets and Eloy in the corners.

Yesterday's win was so huge because today feels a little like playing with house money. Yes, they need to be winning every game they can, but you already won the series against two of their better SPs. Now you face Stripling, who generally doesn't pitch deep into games, plus a taxed Toronto pen. On paper, I like our chances for a sweep, of course that depends on which Gio decides to show up.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Yesterday's win was so huge because today feels a little like playing with house money. Yes, they need to be winning every game they can, but you already won the series against two of their better SPs. Now you face Stripling, who generally doesn't pitch deep into games, plus a taxed Toronto pen. On paper, I like our chances for a sweep, of course that depends on which Gio decides to show up.

I want the sweep so that we do not have to see that Toronto is markedly better because the Sox went 2-4 against them later in the year. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hang Wiffem said:

After watching Jose limp around the past few days, it was actually super impressive how he was able to turn it on and score on that winning run. He's the opposite of soft. But please let's get him a day or two of rest ASAP.

He and Jose Ramirez are the two toughest players in the division.  Not even close for third.  Maybe Sal Perez, who has been absolutely banged up.

32 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Gio is at a 4.78 ERA? Holy cow, I didn't realize that...

Left him in to eat it last couple of starts to preserve pen a bit.

This is the playing with house money/just keep everyone healthy game.  Then try to take 3/4 from the O’s at home.

Also, would pay to watch Kirk and Daniel Vogelbach in a cage wrestling match…those guys are so much fun.  One will be starting the All-Star game, too.

Edited by caulfield12