GT 6/22: TOR @ SOX, 1:10, NBCSC

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

At some point, you have to blame the players for underperforming. 

Idk what has happened, but Kopech, Lynn and Giolito all took a major step back with their stuff this year. 

Kopech has been fine, and Lynn has pitched twice since the injury.  I'm not concerned about either of them.  Giolito looks terrible, though.

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

Let him wear it, and save the bullpen.  He needs to get his shit together.  Maybe this will motivate him.

2 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Let him wear it, and save the bullpen.  He needs to get his shit together.  Maybe this will motivate him.

Giolito is our #5 starter now.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

Kopech has been fine, and Lynn has pitched twice since the injury.  I'm not concerned about either of them.  Giolito looks terrible, though.

I'm very concerned about Lynn. He's pitching in the same fastball range as Giolito right now. 91-93 mph from a RHP without elite spin is meat in todays MLB. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He’s had two starts

It is at least accurate to say that his velocity is down by 1.4 mph in those 2 starts compared to 2021 and that his velocity did not start off unusually low at the beginning of 2021. I won’t go so far as to say that’s a trend yet, but it is factually true.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

It is at least accurate to say that his velocity is down by 1.4 mph in those 2 starts compared to 2021 and that his velocity did not start off unusually low at the beginning of 2021. I won’t go so far as to say that’s a trend yet, but it is factually true.

He wasn’t recovering from surgery in 2021

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

And that doesn't even go into Kopech, who was averaging 97 mph last year and is around 95 this year, with further drop after the knee injury. 

18 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Burger has sucked since coming back from getting hit by a pitch on his wrist. Too bad as he was on a roll before being hit.

The same thing happened with Grandal, Moncada and now Mendick. They all were just starting to fire on all cylinders and then they got injured. The hits just keep coming.

Just now, ScooterMcGuire said:

The same thing happened with Grandal, Moncada and now Mendick. They all were just starting to fire on all cylinders and then they got injured. The hits just keep coming.

Yup, this team keeps getting hurt and guys have to try to get back into the swing of things every time. So they never develop a rhythm or timing at the plate. 

On another note, go vote for Anderson. You can vote 5 times a day. I plan to do it everyday till the voting is over. Let’s get TA in the starting lineup. It may the only thing we may have to cheer about. MLB.COM. register and you can vote 5X a day.