LH Bat Trade Options

Chicago White Sox

I would hate to give up any tangible assets to chase a playoff bid for this pitiful team.  If it were part of a major restructure — you trade assets and use money to get Soto on a long term deal — sure. But trading anything for half a year of Chris Drury for a team going nowhere?  That seems insane.

• Like 1

Just now, Timmy U said:

I would hate to give up any tangible assets to chase a playoff bid for this pitiful team.  If it were part of a major restructure — you trade assets and use money to get Soto on a long term deal — sure. But trading anything for half a year of Chris Drury for a team going nowhere?  That seems insane.

But the Braves!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

If you go through all the Top 30 ops leaders, Brandon Drury might be the most obscure.  29 and LH, so younger than Cesar Hernandez, but certainly less experience in the AL obviously.  Turning 30 in August.  Versatility but not an outfielder as well like Adam Frazier.

-0.5 fWAR combined for the last three seasons.

Suddenly on a pace for roughly 4 fWAR.

Cheap as dirt contract.

FA at the end of this season…all that sounds quite familiar.

14 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I also don't want to be in a position where Tony has any influence over who we're giving up and who we're getting back.

You shouldn't get to pick the music if you're leaving the party soon anyway.

27 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If you go through all the Top 30 ops leaders, Brandon Drury might be the most obscure.  29 and LH, so younger than Cesar Hernandez, but certainly less experience in the AL obviously.  Turning 30 in August.  Versatility but not an outfielder as well like Adam Frazier.

-0.5 fWAR combined for the last three seasons.

Suddenly on a pace for roughly 4 fWAR.

Cheap as dirt contract.

FA at the end of this season…all that sounds quite familiar.

He’s actually RH, unfortunately. 

13 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He’s actually RH, unfortunately. 

He hits righties at 792 and lefties at 974 so would be the third biggest threat after Vaughn and Anderson…on paper.

Vaughn 843, Anderson 793.

Adam Frazier, while LH, is equally bad both ways, .580 and .582.

Benintendi 825 against RHP but low 600’s against lefties.  Other than Josh Bell, he’s probably the best available LH option.

Edited by caulfield12