Mendick, Engel, and (maybe) Robert leave with injuries

southsider2k5

Just now, JoeCredeYes said:

I'd say Danny is way more at fault than Adam, that's the OF's ball all day. 

Danny is a pretty good defender. I find it hard to believe if Haseley calls that ball he doesn't give way. The way Haseley has played so far screams a guy with no confidence and didn't call for the ball clearly enough

Mendick tears his ACL on a collision in the OF because no one on this team knows how to communicate in the field.  We collectively hold our breath on damn near every popup expecting the worst.  If that's not an indictment of the coaching or the organization as whole, I don't know what is.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Mendick tears his ACL on a collision in the OF because no one on this team knows how to communicate in the field.  We collectively hold our breath on damn near every popup expecting the worst.  If that's not an indictment of the coaching or the organization as whole, I don't know what is.

I blame all their little league & high school/international coaches 

I hate Tony and want him gone ASAP, but I can’t believe people are blaming the coaching staff for that collision. Give me a fucking break. Do you want the coaches to hold meetings or practices and teach the guys how to call for the ball? That’s little league stuff. If you can’t communicate by the time you are in the major leagues, practices/meetings aren’t going to help.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I blame all their little league & high school/international coaches 

Everyday this organization looks worse and worse. There needs to be a house cleaning and get some professionals to take control of this sinking ship!  Embarrassing and pathetic!

5 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I hate Tony and want him gone ASAP, but I can’t believe people are blaming the coaching staff for that collision. Give me a fucking break. Do you want the coaches to hold meetings or practices and teach the guys how to call for the ball? That’s little league stuff. If you can’t communicate by the time you are in the major leagues, practices/meetings aren’t going to help.

I don't know what is going on.  But how many near collisions have we seen?  I don't see it nearly as frequently in other team's games.  Yeah it seems silly for coaches to hold meetings about calling for the ball, but with how many times it's happened, perhaps its something that should have been addressed *before* someone was lost for the season. 

27 minutes ago, fathom said:

Finally got the big injury from a collision.  Fuck this coaching staff

I don't really think that one is on the  coaching staff TBH.  It was probably Haseley's ball and he should have called everyone else off, and he's hardly even been in Chicago.  

The plus side here that that if TA was playing, that was him. 

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I don't know what is going on.  But how many near collisions have we seen?  I don't see it nearly as frequently in other team's games.  Yeah it seems silly for coaches to hold meetings about calling for the ball, but with how many times it's happened, perhaps its something that should have been addressed *before* someone was lost for the season. 

That’s probably because you watch more White Sox than any other team. It’s similar to how every fan base thinks they are the worst in the league at getting runners home from third with less than two outs. 

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Feel for Danny.  I don't think this really hurts the Sox all that much, but it hurts him alot.  Really shitty for a guy that's been awesome for the Sox and is a super easy dude to root for. 

Yeah this is awful for him. He was finally figuring it out at the plate this year and this happens. Just a career altering injury for him.