Lenyn Sosa joins the White Sox (Update Pg. 5)

southsider2k5

sorry I don’t know how to embed

James Fox

If the #WhiteSox called up Lenyn Sosa from
@BhamBarons I believe he’d be in the big leagues to stay. They won’t be interested in adding him to the 40-man briefly with the intention of a short stint. Could be an interesting 24 hours.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesFox917/status/1539777118434955265

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

sorry I don’t know how to embed

James Fox

If the #WhiteSox called up Lenyn Sosa from
@BhamBarons I believe he’d be in the big leagues to stay. They won’t be interested in adding him to the 40-man briefly with the intention of a short stint. Could be an interesting 24 hours.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesFox917/status/1539777118434955265

There is so much dead weight on the bottom of the 40 man right now. I don't understand why calling Sosa up to fill a need & then demoting him would be the end of the world. This happens with prospects much more highly regarded than him all of the time.

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

There is so much dead weight on the bottom of the 40 man right now. I don't understand why calling Sosa up to fill a need & then demoting him would be the end of the world. This happens with prospects much more highly regarded than him all of the time.

Agreed, but the Sox have seemed to really hold on tight to the fodder at the back of the 40 man the last year or so. FFS it took them a year to cut bait in Yermin when it was obvious his days in Chicago were over. That said, no one is going to lose sleep over DFAing Markel, or Severino or Aybar. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Agreed, but the Sox have seemed to really hold on tight to the fodder at the back of the 40 man the last year or so. FFS it took them a year to cut bait in Yermin when it was obvious his days in Chicago were over. That said, no one is going to lose sleep over DFAing Markel, or Severino or Aybar. 

If orgs with a ton of depth like the Dodgers, Yankees, & Rays can constantly churn the bottom of their 40, there is no good explanation for why the Sox can't do the same.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

If orgs with a ton of depth like the Dodgers, Yankees, & Rays can constantly churn the bottom of their 40, there is no good explanation for why the Sox can't do the same.

Yep. There has been plenty of waiver wire pitchers Sox should have grabbed over last month or two as the pitching was struggling. Our pen is a disaster. Try some fresh blood!! 

Edited by ChiSox59

Are they really ready to DFA Harrison?

Don't think so.

I think they just want to see if he catches fire and can ride a hot streak...otherwise he goes back down and plays everyday at Charlotte or Birmingham.

But they probably also believe he has more positional versatility than Sanchez...which might prove to be helpful as that was Mendick's main calling card.

Edited by caulfield12

20 minutes ago, wegner said:

I'm surprised he'd get a shot before Yolbert.  Is there a thought that Sosa could handle the OF if needed better than Sanchez?

Sosa is a potential everyday 2B. Yolbert is a utility man.

Excited to see what Sosa can do in the Bigs, if in fact he is being called up

53 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Both Sosa and Sanchez are infielders.

I know that but some players are considered more versatile such as the talk early in Andersons career by some of him being able to play CF.  I just bring this up in case Engel and Mendick are both out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

I know that but some players are considered more versatile such as the talk early in Andersons career by some of him being able to play CF.  I just bring this up in case Engel and Mendick are both out.

The Sox aren't calling up Sosa to let him dick around and try to learn the OF in the big leagues. He'll be playing 2B everyday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BrittBurnsFan said:

I just hope they bring him up and play him! Like...almost everyday unless he proves he can't handle it!  Don't sit him for a couple of days after playing...

Let’s hope the FO has been in TLR’s ear about playing him every day. 

• Like 1