Lenyn Sosa joins the White Sox (Update Pg. 5)

southsider2k5

13 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Rick Hahn's plan for world domination:

Step 1-Pay Kenley Jansen to not sign with the Dodgers in the "offseason" of 2021.

Step 2-Draft Nick Madrigal and make everyone think he's the next Jose Altuve, but knowing he won't make it due to his inevitability to be injured.

Step 3-Trade Madrigal to the Cubs, receive a closer who you know is going to tank (Kimbrel) but actually will make people think the Sox will do well in the playoffs at the time of the trade. Hook. Bonus--screw the Cubs with a trade. Again.

Step 4-Make Kimbrel shit the bed. Everyone's pissed, but the goal is to win it all in 2022. So who cares.

Step 5-Trade Kimbrel during spring training and receive stud AJ Pollock from the Dodgers. A win for Kimbrel because, Dodgers.

Step 6-Sign Big Energy and piss everyone off again, knowing you only need a little more time to show off the real second baseman.

Step 7-Let Sosa loose and show everyone his superstar capabilities in the minors.

Step 8-Destroy Mendick's legs

Step 9-Welcome to the bigs, Lenyn Sosa.

Step 10 (yet to come to fruition)- Sosa wins ROY with just half a season of play. Sox win world series in game 7 on a walk-off bomb from Sosa.

What a fucking genius. Bravo Rick Hahn.

Ok so you laid out the steps for winning the World Series but what happens next for him to achieve World Domination?

10 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

So glad they called up a kid from AA to sit on the bench.  Maybe I'm missing some tweets or info, but this is just stupid. 

He just got to the stadium at 3. Blame the traveling secretary. 

19 minutes ago, chw42 said:

He needs to play the remaining three games against Baltimore.  I can almost excuse him not playing today, but I don't trust TLR to handle this kid properly.

"He'll play a lot."

"Getting him used to the pitching."

"There's a righty pitching."

"Who?  Sosa?  Didn't he retire?"

17 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The Jeter kid Boston just called up missed a couple calls from his manager in the morning and almost missed his call up.

He not only played that night, but Xander asked into the lineup on what was supposed to be his offday to show support for the kid.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The Jeter kid Boston just called up missed a couple calls from his manager in the morning and almost missed his call up.

He not only played that night, but Xander asked into the lineup on what was supposed to be his offday to show support for the kid.

Downs is hitting 187 over his last 152 games. I don't get it at all with that kid, or why he's so hyped. Hilarious he got sent right back down after an 0-4 with 3k's. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

“The kid was just called up and I don’t want him to be over nervous or too hyped. So, I’m not going to publicly commit to when he’s starting so he doesn’t know when his first at bat will come. Nothing takes away nerves like sitting around alone for days and having no clue when a big event is going to happen.”

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

So when does that push the recall of Eloy back to?  Anyone know?

He hasn't played since April 23rd  . He was expected to miss 6-8 so he was never put on the 60 day IL .But since he won't be back til some time in July now he's officially on the 60 day IL. I doubt it matters for his timetable to return. It just opens up a roster spot.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

My question would be why place Eloy on the 60 day when Mendick is clearly out for the season? Is there something where he can't be placed on it after he is eligible to be reinstated?

Because Eloy can come off the 60 any time soon but he's already not due back until after the 60 days is up on his current rehab asssignmnet and Mendick can be placed on the 60 any time later. 60 day IL is a last resort kind of move and you're not put on it until you are 100% sure that player will be out a minimum of 60 days.

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Because Eloy can come off the 60 any time soon but he's already not due back until after the 60 days is up on his current rehab asssignmnet and Mendick can be placed on the 60 any time later. 60 day IL is a last resort kind of move and you're not put on it until you are 100% sure that player will be out a minimum of 60 days.

Yeah but Mendick is clearly out 60 days. Why not just put him on it? Maybe there is some insurance or something that kicks in when a guy goes on it, maybe a longer rehab assignment, I have no idea, because it seems pretty unnecessary.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Yeah but Mendick is clearly out 60 days. Why not just put him on it? Maybe there is some insurance or something that kicks in when a guy goes on it, maybe a longer rehab assignment, I have no idea, because it seems pretty unnecessary.

Did they announce surgery planned for Mendick already? If not a smaller tear might be rehabbed without surgery.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Did they announce surgery planned for Mendick already? If not a smaller tear might be rehabbed without surgery.

It's definitely possible but it would still be 6 weeks minimum. 

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It's definitely possible but it would still be 6 weeks minimum. 

Right same as Eloy 6-8 weeks and they didn't put him on the 60 day until just now when they 60 days is already up tomorrow. Crochet wasn't put on the 60 day IL until May17th. Standard procedure is to wait to put someone on the 60 day.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside