Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

Lenyn Sosa joins the White Sox (Update Pg. 5)

Recommended Posts

 I'd rather him be taking swings in Birmingham.  It would give me an opportunity to not watch the major league team.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we call up a top 5 prospect in the middle of a breakthrough season and then let him rot on the bench for a week, breaking up his rhythm, burn an option, and probably rework his swing with Menechino so he learns chop pitch after pitch into the ground.  The best part is Hahn probably deserves more scorn for this as he should be aligned with Tony on the plans for Sosa up-forty or not called him up at all.  This franchise went from one of the most exciting in all of baseball to an absolute shitshow in a single year.  Reinsdorf can’t go soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

So we call up a top 5 prospect in the middle of a breakthrough season and then let him rot on the bench for a week, breaking up his rhythm, burn an option, and probably rework his swing with Menechino so he learns chop pitch after pitch into the ground.  The best part is Hahn probably deserves more scorn for this as he should be aligned with Tony on the plans for Sosa up-forty or not called him up at all.  This franchise went from one of the most exciting in all of baseball to an absolute shitshow in a single year.  Reinsdorf can’t go soon enough.

Should have used it on Yolbert Sanchez…he was/is never going to be perceived as anything more than a utility guy, and he’s even less ideally suited to play SS or 3rd than Mendick.

Hard to imagine what Grandal, Pollock, Harrison, Engel, Leury and Abreu will look like another year from now. Depressing is the first adjective that comes to mind.

If we had a decent/productive farm system, the majority of those guys would have been pushed off the roster.  You can argue Vaughn is there with Abreu, and Sosa with Harrison/Leury.  Still looking at mid year 2023 at a possible Colas debut, so that means a better solution than anything currently on the roster (no, not Vaughn, either) has to be investigated. The more I think about it, they might have no choice but to push Colas without another $10-15 million to throw at that position. Conforto would be too risky after sitting out so long.

Edited by caulfield12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Should have used it on Yolbert Sanchez…he was/is never going to be perceived as anything more than a utility guy, and he’s even less ideally suited to play SS or 3rd than Mendick.

Hard to imagine what Grandal, Pollock, Harrison, Engel, Leury and Abreu will look like another year from now. Depressing is the first adjective that comes to mind.

If we had a decent/productive farm system, the majority of those guys would have been pushed off the roster.  You can argue Vaughn is there with Abreu, and Sosa with Harrison/Leury.  Still looking at mid year 2023 at a possible Colas debut, so that means a better solution than anything currently on the roster (no, not Vaughn, either) has to be investigated. The more I think about it, they might have no choice but to push Colas without another $10-15 million to throw at that position. Conforto would be too risky after sitting out so long.

Honestly if it was just a person to be buried on the bench for 3 days they shouldn’t have used an option on anyone. Find an option that doesn’t cost anything but money on the waiver or free agent wires. For example, Dee Strange-Gordon was released by the Nationals earlier this week, he’s an IF, he is a free agent, he’s actually hit .305 in 59 at bats this season, and he was once suspended for using steroids. He’s a perfect addition to this team for a few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Honestly if it was just a person to be buried on the bench for 3 days they shouldn’t have used an option on anyone. Find an option that doesn’t cost anything but money on the waiver or free agent wires. For example, Dee Strange-Gordon was released by the Nationals earlier this week, he’s an IF, he is a free agent, he’s actually hit .305 in 59 at bats this season, and he was once suspended for using steroids. He’s a perfect addition to this team for a few days.

The Nick Williams of this season?  By the way, where’s Jake Lamb or Billy Hamilton when you need someone to spark the team again?

There are plenty of options.  

Onetime future HoFer Robinson Cano actually accepted a AAA assignment.

 

And with Gordon, wouldn’t the Sox need to wait for the waiver claim period to end or propose a trade first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

And with Gordon, wouldn’t the Sox need to wait for the waiver claim period to end or propose a trade first?

Good gracious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The Nick Williams of this season?  By the way, where’s Jake Lamb or Billy Hamilton when you need someone to spark the team again?

There are plenty of options.  

Onetime future HoFer Robinson Cano actually accepted a AAA assignment.

 

And with Gordon, wouldn’t the Sox need to wait for the waiver claim period to end or propose a trade first?

Strange-Gordon was released on the 19th. See the part where I said he was a free agent? That means he’s a free agent. Meaning he’s a free agent. 

He was originally designated for assignment on the 14th.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/teams/WAS/washington-nationals/transactions/ 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Strange-Gordon was released on the 19th. See the part where I said he was a free agent? That means he’s a free agent. Meaning he’s a free agent. 

He was originally designated for assignment on the 14th.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/teams/WAS/washington-nationals/transactions/ 

Yeah I’d they wanted just a temporary place holder to sit on the bench, might as well have just signed him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Strange-Gordon was released on the 19th. See the part where I said he was a free agent? That means he’s a free agent. Meaning he’s a free agent. 

He was originally designated for assignment on the 14th.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/teams/WAS/washington-nationals/transactions/ 

 "For example, Dee Strange-Gordon was released by the Nationals earlier this week."

Fine, the way you wrote it was something of a gotcha.

Because there's a distinction between the terms, but they are used interchangeably. Waived/DFAed and then actually granted his official release from the organization at the end of whatever period of days that other teams can claim him or work out a deal.  Didn't it used to be ten days for a waiver claim instead of five?  Then there's conditional and unconditional.

Glad you have time for all this putting me in my place but not when other posters write Indians instead of Guardians.  Congrats.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ll be ok… Lance says so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hi8is said:

We’ll be ok… Lance says so.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/savannah-bananas-owner-details-baseball-232712183.html

We need to change the game (again) and go all Bill Veeck.
 

Sold-out games at the 4,000-capacity Savannah Bananas Grayson Stadium in Savannah, Georgia, feature dancing baseball players, coaches, and umpires — 120 different performers in all, including a male cheerleading squad.

And 38-year-old owner Jesse Cole, dressed in his signature yellow suit, is the P.T. Barnum of the new kind of baseball circus.

“Banana Ball is the fastest, most exciting form of baseball there is,” Cole told Yahoo Finance Live (video above). “We play it in two hours, batters can steal first, there’s no bunting, fans catch a foul ball it’s an out, it’s a crazy fast-paced play of game, and it’s a ton of fun to watch, and fans have been responding more than we could ever imagine.”

 

Might be the only way half our offense can get to first against Balt.  The bunting prohibition would have killed Renteria.  The last part seems the most fun…especially for teenagers or just any kids bringing a glove to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×