O's v. Sox, 6/23/22 GT

soxfan49

25 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

You have to re-adjust your bar based on the hand you're dealt. 

The Sox have been destroyed by injuries and yet still hovering the .500 mark.   Making the playoffs and having a puncher's chance would feel like a huge win to me at this point. 

Minnesota has been destroyed by injuries. So have the Mets, Rays, Dodgers, and Houston. Not to mention the guys that are hurt weren't producing when they were healthy. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

12 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Minnesota has been destroyed by injuries. So have the Mets, Rays, Dodgers, and Houston. Not to mention the guys that are hurt weren't producing when they were healthy. 

Yep. The difference is those teams actually have a farm, we are the clowns of the league in that department. 

53 minutes ago, Buehrle5687 said:

Bullpen usage for Baltimore and the Sox.  We're gonna need our SP's working efficiently. 

image.png

image.png

That for some reason don't include Reylo. 

edit: i am blind; meant to say VV

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Minnesota has been destroyed by injuries. So have the Mets, Rays, Dodgers, and Houston. Not to mention the guys that are hurt weren't producing when they were healthy

Well, you're answering your own question there. 

Part of the same bad hand you were dealt was not only the injuries but the unexpected regression by key players on the this team.  Lucas, Moncada, Grandal, Eloy were expected to provide about a combined 20+ WAR.  

They've combined for -.70 WAR so far. 

1 hour ago, reiks12 said:

Yep. The difference is those teams actually have a farm, we are the clowns of the league in that department. 

Is that why the Dodgers are starting Eddy Alvarez in the OF and traded for Trayce Thompson?

• Like 1

I was trying to see if the lineups were out yet and my search on the right showed a big Chicago White Sox banner and under it was a heading "former players" and here are the 5 former players they list in order:  Nomar Mazara, James McCann, Ozzie Guillen, Paul Konerko, Shoeless Joe Jackson.

What was the criteria to choose those 5?