Jump to content
soxfan49

O's v. Sox, 6/23/22 GT

Recommended Posts

LOL La Russa go fuck yourself. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oldsox said:

When Sheets went down to Charlotte, I believe he played exclusively at First, where he belongs.  Bring him up, stick him in Right Field.

How much difference is there between Vaughn and Sheets in RF?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tnetennba said:

 

Worst Defense Yet?

Naw, we’ve seen Vaughn and Sheets at both corner OF spots already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oldsox said:

When Sheets went down to Charlotte, I believe he played exclusively at First, where he belongs.  Bring him up, stick him in Right Field.

Nothing about this lineup makes sense, but this takes the cake. 

I'd way prefer AV in RF over Sheets.  Only possible explanation is that AV has looked a tad hobbled lately as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CentralChamps21 said:

How much difference is there between Vaughn and Sheets in RF?

A good amount, IMO.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CentralChamps21 said:

How much difference is there between Vaughn and Sheets in RF?

By OAA, Sheets is actually better than Pollock. Vaughn is the worst OF by a good amount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Naw, we’ve seen Vaughn and Sheets at both corner OF spots already.

Ugh, yeah, sadly that is true.  But Sheets in RF and Burger at 3B has to be on par.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CentralChamps21 said:

How much difference is there between Vaughn and Sheets in RF?

Vaughn in RF: -1 OAA, -4 DRS, -34.7 UZR/150 in 130 innings

Sheets in RF: -2 OAA, -4 DRS, -40.1 UZR/150 in 124 innings

It's kind of pick your poison really. I guess Vaughn is marginally better and doesn't straight up drop routine pop flies that Sheets did. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Presuably a torn ACL is > 60 day injury, so why put him on the 10 day and move Eloy to the 60 day when they're just going to move Mendick to the 60 day when Eloy comes back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

 

Worst Defense Yet?

I can already see Tony's line of thinking here. 

Because Burger can't DH with Abreu nursing his hip injury, he has to play 3B. Because Harrison's been good recently, he has to play 2B. So in Tony's mind the rookie that the team just called up shouldn't play. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Vaughn in RF: -1 OAA, -4 DRS, -34.7 UZR/150 in 130 innings

Sheets in RF: -2 OAA, -4 DRS, -40.1 UZR/150 in 124 innings

It's kind of pick your poison really. I guess Vaughn is marginally better and doesn't straight up drop routine pop flies that Sheets did. 

Vaughn is slow out there no doubt, but he looks semi-competent.  Eye test alone is no contest IMO.  Neither is really acceptable in RF though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chw42 said:

I can already see Tony's line of thinking here. 

Because Burger can't DH with Abreu nursing his hip injury, he has to play 3B. Because Harrison's been good recently, he has to play 2B. So in Tony's mind the rookie that the team just called up shouldn't play. 

They guy just got to Chicago and I can see giving him a day to learn where everything is and actually meet his teammates.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I can already see Tony's line of thinking here. 

Because Burger can't DH with Abreu nursing his hip injury, he has to play 3B. Because Harrison's been good recently, he has to play 2B. So in Tony's mind the rookie that the team just called up shouldn't play. 

It was completely predictable that Sheets would immediately return to RF and Sosa wouldn't play.  No less infuriating though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

They guy just got to Chicago and I can see giving him a day to learn where everything is and actually meet his teammates.

Thats precisely why you put him into a game of baseball today. That's the thing he's used to!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

They guy just got to Chicago and I can see giving him a day to learn where everything is and actually meet his teammates.

Yeah, I was ready to blow up myself but if he literally just walked into the clubhouse at 3PM when guys are probably already doing preparation then I understand why he isn't starting. 

However, what kind of damn travel arrangements did they get for him if Mendick was pulled off in the early part of of a day game?    He should have been on an evening flight here or one first thing in the AM. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Vaughn is slow out there no doubt, but he looks semi-competent.  Eye test alone is no contest IMO.  Neither is really acceptable in RF though.

Sheets is a little faster but has no instincts at all in the OF. His routes suck and his jumps suck. Vaughn is slow and his jumps suck, but he takes good routes. Which is why you think he passes the eye test. That and he's mostly sure handed if he gets to the ball. Never forget the Cleveland announcer said, "you gotta be shitting me" when Sheets dropped a routine fly ball in RF. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

How much difference is there between Vaughn and Sheets in RF?

Not much.  This isn't anything to get mad at TLR for......plenty of other reasons 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Yeah, I was ready to blow up myself but if he literally just walked into the clubhouse at 3PM when guys are probably already doing preparation then I understand why he isn't starting. 

However, what kind of damn travel arrangements did they get for him if Mendick was pulled off in the early part of of a day game?    He should have been on an evening flight here or one first thing in the AM. 

 

 

Birmingham, ALChicago, IL(75°F)
 
 
 
 
 
© 2022 TomTo
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Halesey definitely cannot play today. 

Sheets must play today since he just flew in. 

Sosa cannot play today since he just flew in. 

Robert cannot play today since he's got tired legs. 

Abreu can play today despite tired legs.

Moncada cannot play this week tired legs. 

 

I'm starting to think that Tony is projecting his own old ailments upon these players. He wakes up with sore legs? Then Robert must be very sore. Vaughn played on astroturf? Well that's a lot of work for a 77 year old. Day off! Rest up! 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing how Abreu just keeps sucking it up and playing thru pain.  

That guy is built so much different, and probably more to do with heart than physically. 

For a team full of grapes, it's so noticeable.  

Build that man a statue the moment he hangs them up. 

 

  • Like 4
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Amazing how Abreu just keeps sucking it up and playing thru pain.  

That guy is built so much different, and probably more to do with heart than physically. 

For a team full of grapes, it's so noticeable.  

Build that man a statue the moment he hangs them up. 

 

Abreu is also 7 or 8 years older than most of the core of this team. And yet, he somehow still plays through pain. I'm not sure if that's just the greatness of Jose or an indictment against the rest of core. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×