O's v. Sox, 6/23/22 GT

soxfan49

1 hour ago, pcq said:

Not sure how worried the O's are but they would fit with the ALC just fine. 

They've played the toughest schedule in baseball and are only 3.5 games worse than us. I wouldn't be surprised if they give us some trouble. It's not like we've played well against under. 500 teams at home recently. 

1 hour ago, KipWellsFan said:

Is this sarcasm?

Sarcasm? Dead ass serious more like it. We all know how this show works. Tony will play his washed up vets because this dude is a rookie. Why add him to the 40 man / call him to the show just to sit his ass on the bench. Because that is exactly what will happen. He will play 1 maybe 2 times in the next 10 days. What I don’t understand is the why? We already know what they have in a washed Leury Garcia and Josh Harrison. Let the kid play. He can’t be worse than what they run out there on a regular basis

2 hours ago, chw42 said:

Abreu is also 7 or 8 years older than most of the core of this team. And yet, he somehow still plays through pain. I'm not sure if that's just the greatness of Jose or an indictment against the rest of core. 

Just shows the younger generation is soft.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chw42 said:

They've played the toughest schedule in baseball and are only 3.5 games worse than us. I wouldn't be surprised if they give us some trouble. It's not like we've played well against under. 500 teams at home recently. 

They've got 3 guys with double digit HR's the Sox don't have any.

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

Noe Vaughns legs are hurting, Christ this has the be the shittiest training staff in the league

I kind of think Tony is fibbing a bit to maybe force the hand of the front office to give him more bench pieces. Basically saying, "told you so, they need more rest"

1 hour ago, pcq said:

I don't see this as a great move. Why would you rely on a kid to jump start your team. Tony may not have much use for him. 

Anyone who hits HR's can jump start this team. Sosa can hits HR's. Sox have 4 HR's in the last 7 days while being mostly at home. HR's win games. I like HR's. I like to see 4 HR's a game by the Sox not 4 a week.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Presuably a torn ACL is > 60 day injury, so why put him on the 10 day and move Eloy to the 60 day when they're just going to move Mendick to the 60 day when Eloy comes back?

I think any question anyone has about the lineup the answer is always health related and any question about the IL is money related . Those are your answers.

Although Sosa may be one of the few guys not hurting somewhere on the 25 so in that case, play the kid.

2 hours ago, KipWellsFan said:

Fair, I just don't think (considering how much else TLR already screws up) that we need to lose it because the guy doesn't start his first game up. He was called up because we are in a pinch. It's not because we think he will be the world's next great infielder immediately.

Yolbert is your in a pinch off the bench call up then. Sosa needs to continue development by getting at bats. Absurd to prevent him from doing that by benching him for most games.