6/23 Games

BamaDoc

• Quin pinned this topic

I know it was a terrible start for him and he's been much better since June, but do think it's notable for all the struggles Jose Rodriguez is only at a 15% krate in birmingham. His BABIP is lower, and yeah, power down. But I wonder if he's really tried to cut down on the K's.

36 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

His k rate was about the same last year at 15.3% vs 15.8%.  Also OPS has been better each month but June is still sub .700    Hopefully, gets it going.

I’m not too worried about him at this point. He’s young for the level and has been slowly improving as the season wears on which is what you look for when someone gets promoted. Also his peripheral numbers aren’t terrible, probably just a slow start and then a bit of bad luck at this point. If he still has an ops of 600 at the end of the season that’s when I’ll start worrying. 

also really important to note that he only played 29 games in high-A with 120 AB’s.  He’s basically skipped a level, the fact that he’s not overmatched is pretty impressive. 

Edited by bighurt4life

24 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Simply a matter of increasing his trade value by not having him struggle at the next level…

Hopefully green/teal.  But you just never know with this organization.

I don't see a scenario in which they trade Colson Montgomery this year 

• bmags unpinned this topic
2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think it’s completely reasonable to give Montgomery the majority of the year in Kannapolis. 

Succeeding in Kanny and Birmingham >>>> success in W-S/CHA

Plus this streak is giving me another reason to wear my Cannonballers hat.