SLaM Topics

KrankinSox

What is considered not acceptable content for SLaM?

The forum description says:

"Tired of talking baseball? Not in the mood to hear about the Bears losing another game? Then come in here to talk about whatever the heck you want. From politics to carpet samples, this is the place for your non-sporting needs. But be sure to bring your thick skin."

Is politics taboo? I created a thread about the 2022 midterms. All conversation in the thread was friendly and on-topic. Why did this thread get locked?

17 hours ago, Heads22 said:

That probably should be edited, tbh. Politics/filibuster went away since it became so toxic. Should be made clearer.

As if Pale Hose Talk isn't toxic. Have you read a game thread?

Bring back political talk. Too much mod overreach imo. We're all big boys and girls here.

24 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Bring back political talk. Too much mod overreach imo. We're all big boys and girls here.

No we aren't,  and that's why it's gone. There are other forums outside of Soxtalk for political talk, you can find them I'm sure

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KrankinSox said:

Your opinion has been noted. 

Political talk will not be coming back. 

Thanks! 

7 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Appreciate the feedback. I suggest changing the SLaM description to remove the line about politics. Confusing.

It used to be SLaP (Sex, Lies, and Politics) back in the day, but was changed when "The Filibuster" opened up. This is mainly a baseball forum, I'm fine with having politics as little as possible here. Everyone has their own opinions and views, etc.

4 minutes ago, WilliamTell said:

It used to be SLaP (Sex, Lies, and Politics) back in the day, but was changed when "The Filibuster" opened up. This is mainly a baseball forum, I'm fine with having politics as little as possible here. Everyone has their own opinions and views, etc.

What does SLaM stand for?

2 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Today ain't special. Next week people will have moved to another democracy shattering crisis. This is how our news cycle works.

Having seen the worst of the filibuster you couldn't be more wrong if you tried.  Again, sorry for the "overreach" but you will have to find that discussion elsewhere

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And that's why we got rid of politics here.

We've already seen Roe fall in and out of the news cycle over the last month or so. Soon there will be something else for everyone else to yell at eachother about.

Anyway, I'll respect the board rules and leave it at that. Go sox.

Whoever has the capabilities can feel free to lock this thread...not that you needed my permission anyway.

• Texsox locked this topic