SOX GT 6/24 - BEGINNING OF A 3 GAME WIN STREAK

he gone.

38 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I mean…..I can’t imagine the FO called up Sosa to have him sit back to back games…

The front office is in the dugout.  It goes from Jerry, to Tony, to the hotdog guy, to Hahn.  You just watched how he turned Vaughn into a platoon player who sits a lot for his first year.  Sosa will need to get sent down to get playing time or another injury will happen.  

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

The front office is in the dugout.  It goes from Jerry, to Tony, to the hotdog guy, to Hahn.  You just watched how he turned Vaughn into a platoon player who sits a lot for his first year.  Sosa will need to get sent down to get playing time or another injury will happen.  

Another injury did happen since Sosa got called up, literally the guy that plays his same position. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Another injury did happen since Sosa got called up, literally the guy that plays his same position. 

But there is a "vet" in front of the kid.   And the vet happens to be one of Tonys favorite players in history.  He batted the man 2nd and 3rd for the love of god.  He will play him as a starter if he is healthy.  Sosa is going to need to be sent down if he wants playing time.  

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

But there is a "vet" in front of the kid.   And the vet happens to be one of Tonys favorite players in history.  He batted the man 2nd and 3rd for the love of god.  He will play him as a starter if he is healthy.  Sosa is going to need to be sent down if he wants playing time.  

Harrison, Sheets, and Garcia were all ahead of Sosa. It is crazy to me

Yeah, these types of 'head scratcher' moves are not without purpose. Don't believe for a minute, there isn't 'TLR reasoning' behind it, either to prove a point of who is in charge, or flat out showing he'll do as he pleases with the roster.

No one is going to tell Tony fing Larussa how to make out a line up. I mean you know he is in the Hall Of Fame right? 

Yea I know he is pushing 80 yrs old and has been a drinker for probably 70 of those years but he still is as sharp as a tack. And his instincts and gut feelings when it comes to the game of baseball are second to none!

If he thinks starting Leury will give this team the best chance to win well you better believe he knows something the rest of us don't. 

• Haha 1

Tony has a lot more power when it comes to players than you think.  The expensive bullpen probably has his corpsey hands all over it.  Leury getting his payday, who was really bidding that much money for him.  They brought up Sosa and I am sure Tony won't play him because he wants a move to be made to get him another grindy player.  

• Like 1

Like I said yesterday Sosa will only play like twice over the next 10 days or so. (Not counting last night because the only reason he came in was due to injury) The only way Leury and/or Harrison leave 2B is due to injuries…

6 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Okay but how do you really feel?

I'm too old for this shit man. They've been shitting on me for going on 30 years now. It's enough. It's realizing the same fucked up leadership is still in place no matter how many promising young players were brought into the rebuild.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

This is the exact conversation we need, and the exact conversation that can never happen, because Jerry hired his BFF at manager and made him Rick's de facto boss. 

0a0c3017-e569-47fa-897e-d1455faae750_tex

Yep, was thinking of that scene as well. What a stupid ass org when the fucking GM is cucked to the owner and his drinking buddy.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm too old for this shit man. They've been shitting on me for going on 30 years now. It's enough. It's realizing the same fucked up leadership is still in place no matter how many promising young players were brought into the rebuild.

I'm right there with you my man. Nothing is going to change with this organization until JR and RH are gone. It is still unbelievable to me and everyone else with an ounce of sense that TLR is managing this team. All because JR felt guilty for letting Hawk fire TLR in 86.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

I'm right there with you my man. Nothing is going to change with this organization until JR and RH are gone. It is still unbelievable to me and everyone else with an ounce of sense that TLR is managing this team. All because JR felt guilty for letting Hawk fire TLR in 86.  

Imagine being so rich that it allowed the best team in baseball to shut down for a strike in the 90s.  Then to sell everything off because it's time to save some money.  Then years later after going through a rebuild, handing the reigns over to a geriatric who was out of managing for over 10 years near the 80 mark.  Imagine not giving a fuck so much that no one can talk you that either idea is horrible and bad.  Thats why when comments come out about JR saying he wants to finish 2nd because its a hook for the fanbase. Thats 1000% believable.  This is a business for him.  Thats it.  Its dunder-mifflen.    

Edited by southsideirish71