SOX GT 6/24 - BEGINNING OF A 3 GAME WIN STREAK

he gone.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

You gotta fucking play him first. He's burning service time, get him in the god damn lineup.

So he will play tomorrow then he will be sent back down on Tuesday is how I’m seeing this shake out

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Starting the service clock on the highest upside guy in the system above A ball just to not use him (when you had a much lower ceiling guy already in AAA via Yolbert) is one of the dumbest fucking roster moves of the season, and that's saying quite a bit.

Tony keeps saying he's going to play him a lot.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Starting the service clock on the highest upside guy in the system above A ball just to not use him (when you had a much lower ceiling guy already in AAA via Yolbert) is one of the dumbest fucking roster moves of the season, and that's saying quite a bit.

Or storing all those mostly garbage relievers and Yermin down there when they were never going to recall him again.

If they perceive him as primarily a utility guy like Semien at the time it doesn't matter all that much.  

I do believe this is a splendid evening to accumulate more tallies than our opponent. I've risked the remaining resources in my Draft Kings account on my projection of a Sox victory with many runs being scored. Then I shall leave the Land of Lincoln. 

4 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Tony keeps saying he's going to play him a lot.

If not against Baltimore at home, when?  And a pitcher with this profile?

They will only play him against lefties, it seems.  Probably end up facing Rodon on July 3rd.

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I do believe this is a splendid evening to accumulate more tallies than our opponent. I've risked the remaining resources in my Draft Kings account on my projection of a Sox victory with many runs being scored. Then I shall leave the Land of Lincoln. 

Good luck and Gods speed. 

• Thanks 1

MEMPHIS – Knicks owner James Dolan admitted he may be viewed as “brain-dead,” but he believes Isiah Thomas’ rebuilding job is working and predicted the team president would eventually be “lauded” for his work.

During a 40-minute brunch with five beat writers in a ballroom at the famed Peabody Hotel in Memphis, Dolan said the current 15-41 mess is not “a mistake,” just part of the plan.

With an outcry it was time to let Thomas loose, Dolan put to bed an embarrassing ESPN report Thomas would be fired in Memphis.

“I can’t say it as plainer than I’ve already said it,” Dolan said. “I’m not making a change, guys. We’re going to continue on with the strategy. I believe in the plan. I believe in the strategy. I believe in the guys who are executing it. I fully expect you to kill me in the papers tomorrow with this, but I’m going to stick with it. I’m going to stick with it until we stop making progress. I think the course is to stay the course not knee-jerk.

“Maybe some people think I’m brain-dead because of that and the record, but time will tell. I understand people will be unhappy when you’re going through this process. They want a winning team all the time. But that’s the trap, particularly in New York. You keep trying to chase the winning teams this season and you never get yourself in position where you’re competitive.”

Dolan said the club is on a “three-to-four-year plan” to become a contender, with this being Year 1. It’s funny, since Thomas has already been here two years and two months. But why let facts get in the way of Dolan’s newest spin job in which he stayed clear of criticizing coach Larry Brown.

“You’re characterizing (this season) as making a big mistake,” Dolan said. “It’s not a mistake. It’s an underestimation what it would take to start off this strategy. So we’re 15-41 now. You have to look at how you’re

doing on your 3-4 year plan. It’s still early. It’s not necessarily a mistake. I know it’s hard to take when it’s 15-41,

24 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

A couple days of service time is kind of irrelevant.  But I agree that he should be playing while he's here.  Its not he's taking PT away from guys who had earned their keep this season. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

A couple days of service time is kind of irrelevant.  But I agree that he should be playing while he's here.  Its not he's taking PT away from guys who had earned their keep this season. 

it all adds up. it's the sort of thing dumb teams do. for all we fucking know the dude really is a 270/330/430 MLB hitter right now, especially before "the book" gets out on him. And yet we'll never know because in a season that is 50/50 at best of being a success we'd rather trot out our below replacement vet.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Fuck off Tony.

Tony basically telling us the dude has no shot to play past tomorrow. Fuck this guy….

TLR is saying a 1-3 Leury is better than a 3-3 Sosa….what an assclown

Edited by HahnsKiddieTable
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BFirebird said:

Huh?  This team is so hard to like....and it starts and ends with 2 people.

Well, they will live long enough to sabotage this opportunity for a world series. That much is true.  Tony then eventually Jerry will take care of this and it will be done. Tony will override Hahn and will get his way.   But they are not immortal.  So eventually change will happen.  

@wegner Can't reply in yesterdays thread since it's closed.

I was just joking about Hample but that's hilarious it was actually him. As you can imagine he gets... well lets say mixed reviews from fans. Has a big following with kids on Youtube. Maybe you'll make his video lol.