SOX GT 6/24 - BEGINNING OF A 3 GAME WIN STREAK

he gone.

14 hours ago, he gone. said:

Think this is my first thread - also, if they win today and I don't have a thread up by like noon? Someone else take it. 

Voth v. Kopech

Voth in his (part of) 5th season. Made it to majors at age 26. He relies mostly (46%) on a fastball which he leaves up more than he should. This is reflected in just some bottom of the barrel xBA, xSLG, xWOBA stats. He can get some K's, but has walked guys at nearly 9% clip in his career. His other two pitches are a cutter and a curve. This year he's increased both of those while quitting his fastball. Believe it or not he was throwing that thing like 60% of the time before this. Basically? He's a reliever that's being forced into this role. His longest outing this year was his last at 2.2ip, so we're likely only going to see him for a few. There's not much here to like if you're an O's fan. It's almost like a video game on rookie setting, but righties are batting .396 against him this year resulting in a 13.09ERA ... that's not a typo. Now ... that's 11ip against righties, so small sample. Nevertheless if there was ever a time that Tony ran out an all righty lineup? This is it. Also, if there was ever a time to let Sosa get his first MLB hit and have an easy matchup .... this is it. 

Kopech i won't rehash. 

If you drink a Modelo for every Sox run you may be hammered by the 5th tonight. 

Go go sox. Let's start a streak and have some fun tonight. If we lose this, god forbid ... because on paper, this is about as good of a matchup youll get. 

Starts with an S! Swim, Swami, Slippy, Slappy, Swimmon, Sammon, Simmon, Swans, Swenson? Swanson? 

samsonite. I WAS WAY OFF. 

fuck this team. i am officially over being optimistic. 

1 minute ago, TheTruth05 said:

Im 100% come to terms with this corpse taking on 2023 season and that has been a gut punch to hardcore white Sox fan like myself

The sad thing is that it was mostly an unforced error, unnecessarily bringing back TLR  which is losing our window and pissing off most of the fan base.

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

The sad thing is that it was mostly an unforced error, unnecessarily bringing back TLR  which is losing our window and pissing off most of the fan base.

Yep the casual fan will be jumping ship shortly

6 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

I have 100% come to terms with this corpse taking on the 2023 season and that has been a gut punch to hardcore white Sox fan like myself

Nah I think he’s gone. If Nightengale mentioned it as a possibility after the season, it’s likely true.

Just now, fathom said:

Yep the casual fan will be jumping ship shortly

They already have.  3 below .500 isn't exciting anyone. 

Go to a game it's a morgue even with a big crowd. 

This team brings zero energy to the game and fans have no reason to be excited unless it's to see a starting pitcher.

Just now, hankchifan said:

Why isn’t Sosa or anybody else pinch hitting for Leury? Leury is an automatic out nowadays. TLR is insane.  His managing is very painful to observe.

TLR already came out and said those are Leurys ABs and Sosa basically could go fly a kite somewhere 

Maybe after this, another embarrassing loss at home, we can all go on Twitter and read how much smarter Steve Stone is, than all of us.....and how we're all wrong about the painfully obvious observations.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nah I think he’s gone. If Nightengale mentioned it as a possibility after the season, it’s likely true.

So what, 2 years of wasted window knowing there is no sustainability due organizational incompetence.

The AA manager will get the job and team will begin to rebuild.