GT 6/25: BAL @ Sox (1:10pm)

1 minute ago, fathom said:

If they’re like 12 games out come the deadline, I doubt they become big buyers.  Nothing about this team screams “we are close to going on a run”.

My takeaway from this game has been Lynn looks healthy and effective. If that continues, he should 100% be traded before the deadline

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

If they’re like 12 games out come the deadline, I doubt they become big buyers.  Nothing about this team screams “we are close to going on a run”.

I agree..  They can't mortgage any future trying to make a run this season.  It ain't happening.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

My takeaway from this game has been Lynn looks healthy and effective. If that continues, he should 100% be traded before the deadline

the haul they could get for Lynn and giolito would be amazing 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

If they're 12 out I agree. I don't think they're bad enough nor do I think CLE or MIN are that good. If they're 7 or 8 out I bet they try to win the division still (by trading for some veteran reliever if past actions are relevant now)

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

I agree..  They can't mortgage any future trying to make a run this season.  It ain't happening.

While I agree that this team hasn’t earned major deadline additions, the Sox have like 2 prospects of note. The future is now. 

Just now, soxfan49 said:

Serious question did Eloy die? Not that he would make a damn difference but wasn't he supposed to return like 3.5 weeks ago?

Just restarted rehab this week. Probably at least 10-14 days out assuming no further setbacks.

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

While I agree that this team hasn’t earned major deadline additions, the Sox have like 2 prospects of note. The future is now. 

I understand your point but I like some of our prospects and don't trust Hahn to not trade away the wrong guys.

Plus this year I just don't see this team going anywhere.