GT 6/25: BAL @ Sox (1:10pm)

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Insane, right?  This is pathetic and so fucking boring. 

Like we’re willing to throw away the season and not even see if maybe he’s part of the problem.  Fucking insanity, but par for the course with an organization that prioritizes loyalty over accountability.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Not happening.  The dude blew up front offices after retiring from the field and when nobody listened to him he called upon his buddy to get back on the field.

The embarrassment that is this franchise is almost palpable. 

TLR is a too arrogant and father knows best type and a HOF  manager to resign IMO. Unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Hard to tell, but it’s obvious he won’t receive a legit shot here 

He has no chance right now. He needs regular ABs. Tony's drunk ass would rather play Leury. 

Just another example of an ass backwards, stupid organization. If they were going to call Sosa up, they need to give him a legit shot to play everyday for at least a month. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, kitekrazy said:

Stone is right. It's not practical. Changes during the season will do nothing/ 

I think a change at Manager would do a whole hell of a lot of good for this team, but what do I know I’m just a fan watching these crazy ass decisions he makes on a nightly basis

• Like 1

Last year I spent about $4K going to about 12 or 13 games with the family, that was just on tickets, not counting food and drink.  Had a lot of fun. 

this year I’ve been to 1 game, last night, had no choice it was a Father’s Day gift from my daughter. We had a good time and I appreciated the gesture. 

I will not attend another game this year as long as TLR is in the dugout.

I’m done spending money on this team that see what’s wrong. 

I will watch on TV and post here to give my worthless opinions and have fun interacting with you guys. 

The 1983 Sox were in a similar situation and they made moves. Don’t see JR and Hahn with the balls to do it. 

• Like 1

So Cease will have a no hitter through 5 tomorrow but have to exit because he has thrown 110 pitches. Kelly is brought in but pulls a hammy trying to field a bunt against the first hitter he faces. Lambert is brought in and proceeds to load the bases on 3 walks. Foster enters and gives up a grand slam to Arauz, which is his first hit of the season. Meanwhile J. Lyles throws a complete game shutout for the O's and they sweep the series with a 7-0 win.

Just now, chw42 said:

It's a trainwreck and you're hoping the crash comes sooner than later. 

The problem is Tony is a legit cancer and is slowly eating away at this team’s soul. I still feel a change at manager & hitting coach could potentially save this season, but that’s obviously not happening.  And with all the injuries and shitty coaching from Menechino we probably aren’t capable of overcoming Tony right now.  We will just contain to play shitty, lifeless baseball as our season gradually withers away.  All because Reinsdord wants to prove a couple of geezers still got it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

If the Sox lose tomorrow the multiple  championships roster will had a worse record than the rebuilding and ownership in turmoil,  Orioles.

What's our record at this point in the season compared to 1983?....I just want to know when the Magic starts to kick in.