GT 6/25: BAL @ Sox (1:10pm)

29 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

The players have lost all respect for TLR. 

This team is run solely for the personal profit and amusement of Jerry Reinsdorf.

Frankly, I hope the management and their sycophant media blame this season on injuries, and as a result give Tony another 3 year contract to keep Jerry and Tony happy. Perhaps he’ll pass Connie Mack by 2032.

Hope fans stay away from this dumpster fire until both and their respective stenches are long gone.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, T R U said:

If we get swept at home by Baltimore, it’s definitely the low point of this season

If we get swept at home by Baltimore in the 2022 “championship” season managed by a hall of fame manager, it’s the low point of the last 12 years. 

• Like 3

Does this sum up the season a bit:

Our weak hitting Catcher batting 9th and leading off an inning when we are down one run gets the green light on 3-0.  He swings at ball 4 and then looks at the next strike right down the middle.  He ends up weakly flying out.

If it turns out he missed a sign, then it still sums up the season.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

This team is run solely for the personal profit and amusement of Jerry Reinsdorf.

Frankly, I hope the management and their sycophant media blame this season on injuries, and as a result give Tony another 3 year contract to keep Jerry and Tony happy. Perhaps he’ll pass Connie Mack by 2032.

Hope fans stay away from this dumpster fire until both and their respective stenches are long gone.

Do you mean pass Connie Mack in losses?

Tony should go immediately...bur with any Manager, this team is just not good enough to win the Division.  Starting pitching is inconsistent and bullpen is horrible.

Not nearly enough home runs , especially during home games.  Without a good year from Moncada and Grandall and with all the injuries, Sox are a third place team...in the Central.   It is what it is.

31 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

If TLR is gone next year, who would you like them to hire?

Someone unexpected. Conduct a dozen professional businesslike interviews with diversity, narrow it down to 3 people, give them second interviews. See what they all think of this team, its players, what went wrong this year, and how they would fix it.  Pick the answer that you think best fits your observations and your plans for the future, and who gets along with the philosophy of whoever is conducting the interview. This is a multi million dollar contract you are negotiating, act like it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

TLR said he wanted Kelly in the 8th. He was saving him for that. 

There is no hope with TLR.  No adjustments.  Just doubling down on the same crap: leaving starters in too long, bringing the worst relievers in close games, not pinch hitting, playing Leury ptactically every game, terrible lineups and so on…

Cleveland and Minnesota are about to put Sox fans out of their misery by the ASB. 

The sad thing is that the Sox don't really have anyone to sell other than Abreu. I have no idea if they'd do it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 hours ago, Highland said:

If Stone is such a genius, why is he acting so stupid? The worst thing he can do at this moment is lash out at the fans, no matter how pissed he is. Maybe he should get off of Twitter and do his job. Or maybe something or someone connected to the White Sox should do their damn job.  If LaRussa can't be fired, maybe Stone can be fired.

Twitter often brings sensible people to their knees so to speak cause of all the constant negativity. You are right. Stoney should probably get off of Twitter.

31 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Someone who has absolutely no past connection to the White Sox. No AJ or any other dumb shit. And tell Darryl Boston it's time to play shuffle board.

9 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Cleveland and Minnesota are about to put Sox fans out of their misery by the ASB. 

Cleveland and Minnesota won’t have pleasure of taking that credit with me. I I was out of my misery once they resigned Leury and broke spring training  with the roster they had.

Edited by SpringfieldFan

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The sad thing is that the Sox don't really have anyone to sell other than Abreu. I have no idea if they'd do it. 

If what you are saying is truly the case then is it the Manager or the players?

How can a team win with only one valuable player?

TLR should probably go because you can't fire the team.

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Twitter often brings sensible people to their knees so to speak cause of all the constant negativity. You are right. Stoney should probably get off of Twitter.

Greg, don't you realize that Stoney is speaking for JR? He is allowing himself to be a mouthpiece. That is on the degrading side.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

If what you are saying is truly the case then is it the Manager or the players?

How can a team win with only one valuable player?

TLR should probably go because you can't fire the team.

Literally no one here will be upset if everyone in the front office and every single coach is fired except for the couple of TLR hangers-on that pretend we would be like it’s some sort of defense of him.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Anyone sane. Anyone would be better. 

When he was hired I though it would either be great or a disaster, but I never saw this level of a disaster. LaRussa has totally lost it. His moves are day after day indefensible. Sitting Sosa two games and then batting him lead off???? Sitting Anderson today??? And EVERY GAME is like this: crazy ass lineups and in game decisions.

For all the Sox injuries and other problems, I absolutely believe if the Sox had started the season with anyone  else in baseball other then LaRussa managing, anyone in the majors or minors, they would have 5 to 10 more wins. I’m telling you, many, possibly a majority of this Sox team is at the “why give a shit?”  level and just earning pay checks now and it’s because a crazy fuck is captain of the ship and they know it, and they know they can’t do a damn thing about it. They have quit on him and the team and are just going thru the motions.

12 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Literally no one here will be upset if everyone in the front office and every single coach is fired except for the couple of TLR hangers-on that pretend we would be like it’s some sort of defense of him.

There is no defense for him as he is the manager and responsible for the team. They don't win, he should go. 

However,  do you honestly think he has that great of an impact on their inability to hit the baseball?

My question is we all know JR is behind these decisions but what I want to know is what about the other people in this ownership group think about this decision he made for this rebuild? Does not a single one of them have any pull with JR to talk any sense into him? Craziness….

There is no defense for him as he is the manager and responsible for the team. They don't win, he should go. 

However,  do you honestly think he has that great of an impact on their inability to hit the baseball?

Running a regular consistent lineup out there without automatic outs on a day in and day out basis may help or be a start to fixing their issues

Yes.

Players were chosen because of this manager and they get at bats they don’t deserve because he protects them. They have a poor approach because their hitting coaches accept one of the lowest launch angles in baseball so they waste the balls that they do hit hard. They are less prepared than their opponents because other teams have professional data and statistics people while the White Sox hired LaRussa’s crony. And their training and conditioning plans, done with their coaches and starting in the spring, aren’t good at all.

7 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

My question is we all know JR is behind these decisions but what I want to know is what about the other people in this ownership group think about this decision he made for this rebuild? Does not a single one of them have any pull with JR to talk any sense into him? Craziness….

At the moment JR is a recluse, and that is a big concern. He is closer to 90 than 80, and we really don't know if he is in sound enough mind to run a major league baseball franchise. The rest of the ownership group cashed it in a long time ago. Their basic philosophy is to let Jerry handle everything. Well, he is handling everything, and we have to wonder if he knows what day of the week it is. Or maybe Stoney keeps him informed.