GT 6/25: BAL @ Sox (1:10pm)

Today is a must win game.  It’s really that simple.  Win today or blow this shit up.  Let’s see what these guys are made of coming off an embarrassing performance yesterday.  If they have any heart, they come out and beat the fuck of these Orioles.

Also, we better get Sosa in the starting lineup.  My pitchfork will be ready & waiting for that lineup card to be released.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This Orioles pitcher has 24 career outings, a 6ERA this year, and his 1.7 WHIP matches his career 1.7 WHIP precisely. His K/9 is 4.2 and his K/BB is 0.93. In his last start in May he gave up 3 runs in 0.0 innings. This is not very good.

But he’s right handed so…

Ha ha.  From not playing to hitting lead off. WTF?  Naturally, Sosa can’t play instead of Leury, he has to supplement “the Franchise.”  Anyway, I hope the kid can get his first hit before they send him back down.

#firemenechinotandlarussa

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Not sure if this is the right thread but man oh man Steve Stone is such a tool. Sad to see what he has become, used to have a lot of respect for him.

Saw this and it‘s really pathetic.  He’s going to carry that water until the very end.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Is La Russa actually insane?  Like I’m super happy Sosa is playing but why does he need to hit lead off?  I thought Tony said he was trying to take pressure off the kid like two days ago?

Do you think it’s possible Hanh said quit fucking around and play this kid we brought up and Tony is being petty and making him lead off

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, T R U said:

Do you think it’s possible Hanh said quit fucking around and play this kid we brought up and Tony is being petty and making him lead off

It honestly seems like this may of happened.  I could see Tony batting him lead off and hoping he fails to help his case to play his shitty vets.

What’s funny to me is you have this completely lifeless, underperforming team and as manager you have a chance to insert a young exciting player into the lineup and possibly revitalize the club.  Instead, we got to give at-bats to Leury Legend and his 25 wRC+ because reasons.  Hopefully Sosa takes advantage of this opportunity because he may not get many more shots to claim a spot on this roster.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, T R U said:

With the added salt in the wound of playing Leury for the third straight game.  Leury is 1 for his last 20, 4 for his last 29.  It's wonderful

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Have tickets for today’s game. It has to be delayed right? Rain from now until about 2 in forecast.

Me too. I haven't heard anything definite but I'm leaving later than I normally would.

Edited by ptatc

Breaking News: After expressive extreme disappointment in the way Leury Garcia had been utilized, prior to an afternoon game with the Baltimore Orioles Rich Hahn announced the Chicago White Sox have Designated him For Assignment. When asked for a comment Hahn simply stated, “Ask the Hall of Fame Baseball Person in our dugout.”