6/26 Fire Tony La Russa Into The Sun Gamethread (1:10PM CT, NBCSC)

Tnetennba

Don’t even know what to say.  Try not to get swept?  Or do get swept at home so that perhaps the national sports media hammers this org for hiring a drunken dinosaur corpse do mismanage this squad?  IDK. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Why are we mad at the sun?

Come to think of it, TLR is a big enough black hole that launching him into the sun might consume it whole.  Damn that’s depressing.  Can’t even dispose of this fuck without dooming the entire solar system…

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, SpringfieldFan said:

Less than 10 months ago Baltimore had just lost 110 games and the Sox had just won their division by 13 games. 

With a win this afternoon the O’s will have the better record. Riddle me that.

The O’w have hungry young players that play hard, good team defense, a good bullpen and competent management. 

The Sox are injured, full of banged up vets coasting, bad defense, bad bullpen and Krusty the clown managing. 

• Like 6

Baltimore isn't half as bad as some thought. Sox have a chance with Cease but still have to bring some kind of offense. If Cease leaves after six, and the game is tight, things will look bad for the home team. Although I don't know if the outcome will make any difference.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I hate this season.

I hate that the front office and the manager failed so bad at putting together and managing this team.

However, with ten guys currently on the injured list, eight more who have been on the injured list, and at least two more who haven't been on the injured list but clearly playing at less than 100%, I don't know that could have been overcome.

I know everything is TLRs fault, but is there any explanation for why the team is so bad at home? They have a winning record on the road but are awful at home. It is really weird..

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I know everything is TLRs fault, but is there any explanation for why the tram is so bad at home? They have a winning record on the road but are awful at home. It is really weird..

They're worse at home than the Cubs are at home 🤢

31 minutes ago, Highland said:

Baltimore isn't half as bad as some thought. Sox have a chance with Cease but still have to bring some kind of offense. If Cease leaves after six, and the game is tight, things will look bad for the home team. Although I don't know if the outcome will make any difference.

He'll put Banks out there for the 7th and 8th just so he can save Graveman for who knows when

11 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I know everything is TLRs fault, but is there any explanation for why the tram is so bad at home? They have a winning record on the road but are awful at home. It is really weird..

They’re embarrassed to be playing in-front of friends and family?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I hate that the front office and the manager failed so bad at putting together and managing this team.

However, with ten guys currently on the injured list, eight more who have been on the injured list, and at least two more who haven't been on the injured list but clearly playing at less than 100%, I don't know that could have been overcome.

It could have tho. Sox have lost at least a dozen very winnable games to date largely due to poor in game management. Even if they win just half of those, they’re in first place. 1/3, they’re 1.5 GB. The injuries have been brutal and difficult to overcome, but they’re just exacerbated by a manager that presses all the wrong buttons. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ptatc said:

They aren’t hitting the ball out of the park. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, flavum said:

Either go 6-1 or better or 1-6 or worse the next week…but nothing in between. I’m ready to see them blow this up tbh.

Even if they go 1-6 they’re not blowing it up. Their best realistic assets to trade in Gio and Lynn aren’t exactly at peak value. The other guys with real value aren’t getting traded. 

This next week is tough. Can’t realistically expect to do better than 3-3. It’s why you needed to at least split with the O’s. Just a brutal few days .

19 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Even if they go 1-6 they’re not blowing it up. Their best realistic assets to trade in Gio and Lynn aren’t exactly at peak value. The other guys with real value aren’t getting traded. 

This next week is tough. Can’t realistically expect to do better than 3-3. It’s why you needed to at least split with the O’s. Just a brutal few days .

Yes, I’m just saying this team has been so bad I wouldn’t care if they did blow it up…even though that’s not realistic. Apathy has settled in for me. If they get hot by some miracle, great. Otherwise I’m ok if they just keep losing, make a couple sell moves for the future, and hope that La Russa is gone after this season. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

They aren’t hitting the ball out of the park. 

Yep, we hit 30 HR and our pitching has given up 46 HR, so that's -16 HR difference at home. Hard to win when you're trying to grind out 4 singles to score.

Also, when half your team is on a trainer running exemption, maybe time to alter the approach to suit the roster?

2 minutes ago, Frankensteiner said:

Yep, we hit 30 HR and our pitching has given up 46 HR, so that's -16 HR difference at home. Hard to win when you're trying to grind out 4 singles to score.

Also, when half your team is on a trainer running exemption, maybe time to alter the approach to suit the roster?

Could be all of the leg injuries overall.

But they still hit more at home than on the road so the record differential shouldn't be that bad.

16 minutes ago, flavum said:

Yes, I’m just saying this team has been so bad I wouldn’t care if they did blow it up…even though that’s not realistic. Apathy has settled in for me. If they get hot by some miracle, great. Otherwise I’m ok if they just keep losing, make a couple sell moves for the future, and hope that La Russa is gone after this season. 

Yeah that’s a fair take at this point. I’m not at the apathy stage tho my wife I’m sure is hoping it hits soon. 

Just now, ptatc said:

Could be all of the leg injuries overall.

But they still hit more at home than on the road so the record differential shouldn't be that bad.

Yes, but they've also only given up 32 HR on the road for -2 HR overall differnece. Much better than the -16 HR difference at home.

Basically they are not playing to the strengths of their own ballpark and being taken advantage of by other teams.

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

They have more home runs at home than on the road. Only by 2 though.

It’s the differential the other poster noted. You can’t win games at the cell getting outhomered by your opposition especially when over half your players are slow AF are require multiples hits to score. 

• Thanks 1