6/26 Fire Tony La Russa Into The Sun Gamethread (1:10PM CT, NBCSC)

Tnetennba

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

They're worse at home than the Cubs are at home 🤢

He'll put Banks out there for the 7th and 8th just so he can save Graveman for who knows when

Well Jason was saying during the game yesterday how Banks had saved the bullpen multiple times this season and my thought was "this bullpen could have been worse?!?"

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

It could have tho. Sox have lost at least a dozen very winnable games to date largely due to poor in game management. Even if they win just half of those, they’re in first place. 1/3, they’re 1.5 GB. The injuries have been brutal and difficult to overcome, but they’re just exacerbated by a manager that presses all the wrong buttons. 

Well said, valid post for sure.

Honestly, getting swept by a bad team sucks, but look at all the pitching matchups.  We should have won three of four minimum.  This offense sucks a giant you know what right now and a lack of talent only explains part of it.  

We don’t have a single player with 10 HRs right now and it’s June 26th.  Only two other teams don’t have a player with 10 HRs in the Tigers & A’s, who are two of the worst six teams in all of baseball.  How is that fucking possible?  

We have gone from 3rd to 19th to 26th in total HRs in the three seasons under Menechino despite most of the same talent.  Yes, injuries have played a part here, but when the entire team has seen a massive reduction in power in such a short period of time and significant increase in groundball rate it’s very clear this goes beyond pure talent and is at least somewhat approach related.

There are so many people responsible for this shit show, but the reality is there one non player who is an easy sacrifice and that’s Menechino.  I’m sure he’s a great guy who works hard, but whatever he’s doing is not working and it’s time to see if someone else can get through to these guys.  How much of an impact it would make remains to be seen, but the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over and expecting a different result and right now that’s exactly what we’re doing by retaining Menechino as hitting coach.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

The O’w have hungry young players that play hard, good team defense, a good bullpen and competent management. 

The Sox are injured, full of banged up vets coasting, bad defense, bad bullpen and Krusty the clown managing. 

Every other team always looks better. Their fans probably think their owner sucks and the team should be better. 

• Like 1

Each game presents it's own recurring set of problems for the White Sox and that seems very likely to continue. Who would have thought before this series with the Orioles that the White Sox would be struggling to win just one game. Heck, many of us thought Chicago would take at least 3 out of 4. How wrong we were as they are now one game away from being swept, talk about a huge demoralizing 4 game set, sheesh.  I honestly believe this team has quit on TLR, plain and simple. There is absolutely no excuse for what we as fans have seen on the field this season and especially in this series. Once again, I'm not giving up on the team but I'm definitely not very hopeful that things will get any better the rest of the season.

• Like 2